Bswiss

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Schweiss
This is my build thread, there are many like it but this one is mine.

To start, I’ve had many different JK platforms over a span of 10+ years this build is the latest. Early 2019 I purchased a 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon with leather! (Oooh aaah)
IMG_0328.JPG
All stock, not a scratch underneath, nice and unmolested.
Factory equipment:
Lockers front and rear
4:1 transfer case
Dana 44 front and rear
Electric sway bar discos
I have since added:
Full belly skids
Adjustments.JPG
2.5 inch Rock Krawler lift and front lower control arms
IMG_0334.JPG
Wheel spacers
Very discounted and used 37 inch tires, balanced amazing though.
Currie enterprises tie rod and drag link with rock krawler track bar
PS diff covers with lube lockers
Quick sway bar disconnects because it would out flex the connection and flip the links.
IMG_0331.JPG
Screamin daemon coil pack and wires
I won a raffle and got half off poison spider so here comes that, heads up.
PS front and rear fenders
PS front and rear bumpers
PS front fender liners
PS side armor
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG
PS sport cage
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
Also very fun to drive with windshield down!
Off-road boar 12k synthetic winch
IMG_0337.JPG
PS hood louvre yet to be cut into place...

That’s the build so far! And this is the point where I shift to more of an overland build.

Next up will be:
Upgraded driveshafts front and rear.
5:38’s to give the 3.8 a little pep with the 37’s
Sleeve and gusset the front axle for said 37’s
Big brake kit
Auxiliary transmission cooler
Auxiliary power steering cooler
Dual batteries
Rock lights
More lights in general
Spare tire mount on tailgate
Racks in the back and on the spare for storage
CB
Interior mounts for accessories, and off grid navigation equipment.

I’ll have to have someone do the gears sleeves and gussets but the rest will be in my hands like all the previous modifications.

I’m looking forward to seeing y’all at future meet ups and learning new things so I can make use of this build for overland. I’ll keep updating as I go and I’m more than willing to help if I can, if I can’t I know of some that are far more knowledgeable than I am. With that, take care and safe travels!
IMG_0332.JPG

Last edited:

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
WOW, what a build so far and planned. Making sure to follow along as you continue.

Bswiss

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Schweiss
Ok I have an update! Fresh modifications!
I have 5:38 gears installed, still breaking them in as we speak.
Got Adams 1310 driveshafts front and rear installed.
Artec Truss kit installed.
Teraflex balljoints slapped in there while it was apart.
Have a Traildash2 to keep up with everything.
Aaaaand a Teraflex hinge carrier for my spare.IMG_1080.JPG9X5iDElRRpWz4l02qc2cBA.jpg9CkawAb2Q460TjiUBk1CPQ.jpg5368E8C3-6247-4264-8A65-928E2D2832A9.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Bswiss

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Schweiss
Today was a good day! Got a lot done to either fix or upgrade my project. Installed a new radiator, mine was leaking. Installed new thermostat and thermostat housing, it was also leaking. New radiator hoses, my lower had been rubbing the belt tensioner for some reason... installed an aftermarket power steering and transmission cooler. Just Empty Every Pocket indeed.

Attachments

Bswiss

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Schweiss
Finally it is where I no longer have to worry about a failure on the road! Got tires and rims to replace my very worn out tires I had and get rid of wheel spacers with the correct backspacing. Now running 37x12.50x17 Patagonia M/T. So far I really like them, much more quite on the road then my other mud terrains and they have better road manners. We’ll have to see what it’s like off-road here soon.

Attachments

k9sar

Local Expert, Georgia USA

Enthusiast III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EKF
Finally it is where I no longer have to worry about a failure on the road! Got tires and rims to replace my very worn out tires I had and get rid of wheel spacers with the correct backspacing. Now running 37x12.50x17 Patagonia M/T. So far I really like them, much more quite on the road then my other mud terrains and they have better road manners. We’ll have to see what it’s like off-road here soon.
[/QUOT

Really nice looking rig!

Bswiss

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Schweiss
Not too much has happened since I got new tires and rims, went on a few trips. Colorado, and a few parks in Texas since then. Here are some little things I've added and a couple pictures from Colorado.
irFMEsHmQwqhqkgzPwlThg.jpg
Added some MOLLE to my sport cage, I need to adjust it when I have the top off and relocate things. #raffleitemwinnings
DHCC3rxZQuqrRcI5JIugxg.jpg
Added some Rock Lights #amazonspecials

Here is one from Colorado for good measure.
qfr6W3ppQxKUKR5OplGOaw.jpg

Dgensheimer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pleasant View, Tennessee, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Gensheimer
Member #

Not too much has happened since I got new tires and rims, went on a few trips. Colorado, and a few parks in Texas since then. Here are some little things I've added and a couple pictures from Colorado.
View attachment 176591
Added some MOLLE to my sport cage, I need to adjust it when I have the top off and relocate things. #raffleitemwinnings
View attachment 176592
Added some Rock Lights #amazonspecials

Here is one from Colorado for good measure.
View attachment 176593
I’ve been following your rig build, it is really coming together! Looks great! You and I are going along the same path!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
View attachment 176591
I was looking for quite some time where to put my handheld radio in the rig securely and easy to reach at the same time. I like that idea with the Molle panel. Thanks for sharing!

Bswiss

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Schweiss
It’s been a while since an update! Not to long after the last update I blew the engine then it sat for a couple years unfortunately. Last year I got the engine in and I’ve been chasing sitting issues since. I’ve also done a few upgrades too. New methods with the bead grip.
New deck system for the back to sleep on
Got some cold weather camping supplies
And beat on the Jeep a few times with some friends

Attachments

Wildcat-01

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Bay Area, California
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Tonelli
I love a JK that's been built up in a way that's both practical and understated. Bummer about the engine issues, I hope that you'll get back on the road soon enough!