Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Got a Dometic CFX75 and a Alu-Cab fridge slide from OK4wd. OK4wd gives you 50% off the fridge slide when you combine the two. I mounted the fridge slide on Decked Yakima rails. I lined up the holes to the dimples on the decked platform and then cut the rails to match length of slide. Got Yakima square nuts off of Amazon and started piecing together. Worked perfectly and is rock solid. Figured I would post to give others some ideas. The fridge plugs into a 100wAh's Renogy lithium iron phosphate battery that I have connected to two 100 watt solar panels mounted on my Alu-Cab gen 3 rooftop tent. Battery and MPPT controller are housed in a Leitner storage cube with two 12v marine outlets on back of box. Here are some pictures.IMG_6144.jpegIMG_6301.jpegIMG_6307.jpegIMG_6309.jpegIMG_6310.jpegIMG_6311.jpegIMG_6312.jpegIMG_6313.jpegIMG_6314.jpeg

When fridge is not in truck I can use the slide for my parts and tool boxes for easy access.

CWu21

Rank IV
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
A
Member #

How far do the bolts stick down from the fridge rail. Id be curious if you get any snagging when opening and closing the deckd drawers. Looks great. I would like to see some shots of your whole rig

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
There is no snagging. The Yakima rails that decked sells line up with divets on the decked platform that go into the metal cross rails beneath platform. Using the square yakima nuts I then mounted the Alu-Cab fridge slide to the rails with stainless allen head bolts. There is no compromise to the waterproofness or function of the decked system. I cut the rails down also. If you cut them, make sure to mark them and match up properly to decked platform. IMG_6308.jpeg

ctsmith

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lake Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Got a Dometic CFX75 and a Alu-Cab fridge slide from OK4wd. OK4wd gives you 50% off the fridge slide when you combine the two. I mounted the fridge slide on Decked Yakima rails. I lined up the holes to the dimples on the decked platform and then cut the rails to match length of slide. Got Yakima square nuts off of Amazon and started piecing together. Worked perfectly and is rock solid. Figured I would post to give others some ideas. The fridge plugs into a 100wAh's Renogy lithium iron phosphate battery that I have connected to two 100 watt solar panels mounted on my Alu-Cab gen 3 rooftop tent. Battery and MPPT controller are housed in a Leitner storage cube with two 12v marine outlets on back of box. Here are some pictures.View attachment 126727View attachment 126729View attachment 126730View attachment 126731View attachment 126732View attachment 126733View attachment 126734View attachment 126735View attachment 126736

When fridge is not in truck I can use the slide for my parts and tool boxes for easy access.
How many total inches when measuring from the top of the Decked to the top of the fridge? Trying to see if this setup would fit under my RTT system.

adaml

Rank 0

Contributor I

PNW
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Lewis
Could you mount these farther over to the side of the bed? I like the idea and I have the same fridge but I don't want it sitting in the middle of the bed like that.

And this is the X-Large Alu-Cab slide? I was actually looking at the one from DFG.

Last edited:

adaml

Rank 0

Contributor I

PNW
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Lewis
Usually you want to keep it over from the sides far enough for two reasons: 1) still retain full access to the Ammo Can storage, and 2) make sure you can still open your fridge when the slide is full closed without hitting your bed rack, etc.
Thanks for the reply.

(1) I don't really care about losing a single ammo can when compared to what I would lose by putting this more in the middle of the bed and
(2) I think it depends on which way your fridge faces. I currently have the fridge on the passenger side with the hinges on the passenger side as well. I can still get in the fridge for things I need but I obviously can't open it all the way. I'd like to be able to keep it as close to one side as possible and then slide it out and use it.

So, can you mount these rails farther to the sides? Or do they have to be more in the middle like that? And is that the Extra Large slide from Alu-Cab?

adaml

Rank 0

Contributor I

PNW
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Lewis
That's the Alu-Cab slide? Mounted closer to the side of the bed? That's what I'm currently envisioning. My Decked system is supposed to arrive today. Like I said, I don't mind losing an "ammo can" so long as I can keep the slide and fridge over to the side. That way I maximize the available width for other stuff (other cargo boxes or dogs or whatever).

A_Patt

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas (DFW)
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Patterson
Member #

This is good information thanks for asking @ctsmith.

@rsweet - I like the truck and fridge. I have the same ones.... haha. I have been searching for a slide to work under bed cap (Diamondback) that will clear the locking mechanism and it hasn’t been easy. Trying to keep the bed locked up because of some other items in the bed. Do these slides just slide out (not tilt), I don’t have a decked system or drawers so I don’t need it to tilt down?

adaml

Rank 0

Contributor I

PNW
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Lewis
This is good information thanks for asking @ctsmith.

@rsweet - I like the truck and fridge. I have the same ones.... haha. I have been searching for a slide to work under bed cap (Diamondback) that will clear the locking mechanism and it hasn’t been easy. Trying to keep the bed locked up because of some other items in the bed. Do these slides just slide out (not tilt), I don’t have a decked system or drawers so I don’t need it to tilt down?
I think the Alu-Cab and DFG slides both slide out AND tilt. If you want one that just slides, Dometic makes one for their big fridges (which I actually currently have). It's a nice one but I wont really be using it with the Decked system so that's why I'm curious about all of this.

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

That's the Alu-Cab slide? Mounted closer to the side of the bed? That's what I'm currently envisioning. My Decked system is supposed to arrive today. Like I said, I don't mind losing an "ammo can" so long as I can keep the slide and fridge over to the side. That way I maximize the available width for other stuff (other cargo boxes or dogs or whatever).
Place it as far to the end of the topper as you can..make sure you have enough room on the tilt. Half an inch away from the decked cubby for clearance

adaml

Rank 0

Contributor I

PNW
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Lewis
@Cpol - That's PERFECT! Is that one of the ARB Elements fridges? I've got the Dometic CFX75DZ. Pretty beefy but doesn't look any larger than what you have there.

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

@Cpol - That's PERFECT! Is that one of the ARB Elements fridges? I've got the Dometic CFX75DZ. Pretty beefy but doesn't look any larger than what you have there.
What’s the height on the fridge. The reason I got this set was because of the clearance. My friend and fellow third gen taco owner made his own.. you need to see it.. definitely a machinist in his craft.. no welding either..

adaml

Rank 0

Contributor I

PNW
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Lewis
What’s the height on the fridge. The reason I got this set was because of the clearance. My friend and fellow third gen taco owner made his own.. you need to see it.. definitely a machinist in his craft.. no welding either..
It's right around 19 inches high and I think I have about 22 inches of clearance ant my lowest point with the decked platform installed. I ordered some t track and I'm going to install the dometic slide for now but, without it being able to drop down or tilt, I think it's going to be a little awkward.

Reactions: Cpol