Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We are doing a training day the Saturday BEFORE our normal second Sunday meeting May 9th. BUT Sunday May 9th is Mother’s Day so we are NOT meeting. Frank Raines OHV Park has camping available first come first serve, so we can grab some spots for Friday May 7th. Campsites are $30, 2 vehicles and 8 people are allowed per site with some restrictions.

Frank Raines OHV Park
May 8th, 2021
9am—3pm or whenever you want to head home. Bring lunch
17802 Del Puerto Canyon Rd,
Patterson CA 95363

If you’d like to camp Friday May 7th in an actual camp spot, you can reserve in advance.
Frank Raines Regional Park, California - View Available Campsites & Reserve Online | ReserveAmerica
View available campsites at Frank Raines Regional Park with our campsite calendar. Make reservations easily online with ReserveAmerica.
www.reserveamerica.com

They also have disperse camping that is first come first serve and is not available for advance reservations, you basically roll up and grab what you can.

(Hollister Hills is partially closed this weekend due to a large 4 wheel event)

340DF724-A84F-4B66-B3C4-26EA4E829F65.jpeg

Ray O

Rank VI

Traveler III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Oyarzun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NQE
Hey Dave I’m tying to reserve a spot to spend Friday night and maybe Saturday, they have several areas, do you know where we are gonna be meeting so I can pick the spot that’s close to the meeting?

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Dave I’m tying to reserve a spot to spend Friday night and maybe Saturday, they have several areas, do you know where we are gonna be meeting so I can pick the spot that’s close to the meeting?
I don’t really know. So one option is just pick a spot and make it work, or you can show up the day of and then camp with the dispersed site people.

Reactions: Ray O

An-Hell

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

Hi Dave.

This will be first time participating on an event like this. Please recommend or did more comments on how to.
Do we rake dam-ing gear or just visit site the day of.

Best

Rocksanne2020

Rank III

Traveler III

Alameda, CA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMJ567
Hey Dave,
Nice to meet you virtually. We also are new to this. We have been boating for many many years and currently live on our boat so somewhat used to making due. What is a "training day"? Is there a link that would let us know how to prepare etc.? We have a 2005 LX 470 that we are getting prepared.

Thanks,
Tom & Sara

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Dave.

This will be first time participating on an event like this. Please recommend or did more comments on how to.
Do we rake dam-ing gear or just visit site the day of.

Best
Hey Dave,
Nice to meet you virtually. We also are new to this. We have been boating for many many years and currently live on our boat so somewhat used to making due. What is a "training day"? Is there a link that would let us know how to prepare etc.? We have a 2005 LX 470 that we are getting prepared.

Thanks,
Tom & Sara
OK for a stock T4R 4x4 with Cooper HTPs ( highway truck tire?
So likely Friday night dispersed camping will be ok. I’m not sure who will be camping so that’s a bit of an unknown. The meet up training time is 9am by the entrance and we will orangize from there. A “training day” will a chance to flex your rig, get some experience tackling some tough climbs and learning about picking lines. Frank Raines OHV is a playground to practice off road driving. A stock 4Runner will do ok, street tires will slip but you’ll get to see how much and in which situations.
Currently a group of us are in Baja and will be back soon so service has been spotty

Reactions: joel3000

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
The sign up is in the first post with further description and RSVP button. Either way just come as the rsvp isn’t quite as important as other trips

Rids93

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Rid
Last Name
Sumarna
Member #

Sorry Dave. My rig is getting re-geared and I will not get it back in time. There's also a 200miles break in point for the differentials.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Working this Saturday. Still haven't made it out that way yet.

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

My boy and I are heading out Friday late afternoon. Snacks under the softopper this time. We reserved spot 12 but willing to forgo if group is gathering for dispersed. Coming from San Ramon, we'll be "listening" on ham and gmrs.

joel3000

Rank III

Explorer I

Davis, CA, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Bremson
Member #

I will be camping .
So likely Friday night dispersed camping will be ok. I’m not sure who will be camping so that’s a bit of an unknown. The meet up training time is 9am by the entrance and we will orangize from there. A “training day” will a chance to flex your rig, get some experience tackling some tough climbs and learning about picking lines. Frank Raines OHV is a playground to practice off road driving. A stock 4Runner will do ok, street tires will slip but you’ll get to see how much and in which situations.
Currently a group of us are in Baja and will be back soon so service has been spotty

Reactions: Ray O and PapaDave

Rocksanne2020

Rank III

Traveler III

Alameda, CA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMJ567
Hey all we were looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow but we are getting a late start so likely will not make it.
Hope you have a great day!

Tom & Sara

Reactions: PapaDave and Ray O

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I posted some pictures and a video on the Tri-Valley thread. This thread is where all the current info is. Be sure to go to page 1 and see post #2 as well. It has the yearly plan and current month plan

Reactions: joel3000 and WilC

Line guru

Rank IV

Traveler III

San Jose CA 95123
First Name
Alfredo
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Was a pleasure to meet all of you ..

Thank you for the advices and makes us feel welcome to the group.. it was fun .
Looking forward to meet you guys on the trail.
How do we get to the pictures?