Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, we are constantly upgrading the forums, and I will post upgrades here so ya'll are aware! If you ever have any suggestions, PM me.

These forums are for you! Every new member provides more resources to encourage others to get outdoors. We are making Overlanding accessible to everyone! You are saving lives (believe me, I'm one).

These forums should be the BEST to be a resource for new overlanders. Oh, and another thing, Overland Bound has committed these forums will NEVER have advertisements. The forums are for you! We do not make money on advertisements.
  1. No payment gates to exclude ads
  2. No performance hits or slow page loads due to a 30 second video roll
Did I mention...Overland Bound Forums will NEVER have advertisements (never). So take advantage of the resource! Share! Invite! Let people know! This is how we spread the word, and it is working! Free stickers to promote the cause, and free forums.

Ok, getting back on topic:
  1. Check out the new Overland Q&A section! I think this will be key for new overlanders, and you guys have the knowledge to offer great advice! Please populate these forums with awesome info!
  2. The points system has been updated, and the "Ambassador" track has been completed! I know, it's complex. Its optional! You do not have to chase points HOWEVER a lot of thought is going toward earning points. Basically, if you are earning points, you are upholding OB values and contributing to the community! More information here: Forum Rank
  3. You can change your user name once every 45 days. It's an option in your profile.
  4. The first 500 OB members are designated as "Founders" and their profile has a "founder" banner. These guys and gals supported OB when OB was not OB (if that makes sense). They are early adopters and will always recognized as such. We would not have made the emblems without their early commitment.
  5. Overland Bound FAQ forum added! Check it out! We'll be adding to this, but the FAQ section answers questions about membership, log-ins, emblems, member numbers, and other soon to be simplified topics.
Coming up:
  1. Number Display: The ability to display your number in your profile card.
  2. State by State forums will be merged to "regional" areas.
More soon!

M

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
A small update!

If you fill out your OB number in your "personal details", it will show up on your member profile in posts. I am not happy with the formatting, but the functionality works. Formatting will come soon!

M

Reactions: murps

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I noticed that last night and had to find one of my posts to see if it did it for me as well. Nice touch. I think it would look good under the avatar above the banners/badges.

Lipek

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Great Job, I know it's a lot of work and even more thankless work behind the scenes. Thank you !

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

The "Members Online" widget in the right side panel is now real time. You will notice members popping on and off without you having to refresh. Also, the avatars are linked to real-time chat. Click on their icon to open a chat window on the bottom of your screen!

Wooooow.

A huge shout out to our Supporters! The pay a totally optional $3.99/Mo. to support the forums and help to insure the feature set and performance on the forums are cutting edge!

If you are interested in helping out, you can become a supporter here: BECOME A SUPPORTER

Thanks as always!

Michael

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Well, that's weird! It works with the "OB Dark Responsive" theme, but not the "Default Style." I just switched back and forth and it is definitely theme related. Thanks @jdunk

Reactions: jdunk