Forestry roads to Whiteswan provincial park *Kid friendly* - 07/20/2018

• HTML tutorial

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Heading out exploring for a few days with my daughter (6) and our very friendly dog. Heading to Whiteswan Lake Provincial Park and Lucier hot springs via forestry roads from Highway 93, between TransCanada and Radium. Not anticipating any technical wheeling, just gravel forestry roads but always potential for rough trail into camps and exploring. Hoping to scope out new camping spots, find some waterfalls or other cool stuff and get familiar with the roads and area for a snow trip this winter to the hot springs. Looking to meet people and make some new friends (me and the kiddo) who love camping and exploring and hoping some other folks (preferably with kids) would like to join us. I plan to leave Friday afternoon from the Calgary area and will be returning Monday but of course you could bug out earlier or stay behind as fits your schedule! Could rendezvous in Cochrane, Castle Junction (hwy 1 & 93) or at the Kootenay Valley view point a few km South of Settler's forestry road turnoff depending where people are coming from. Can also arrange a Saturday AM rendezvous for anyone who can't make it out Friday.

I know it's fairly last minute and not a big rally or trail run, but there never seems to be many events on the Canadian side of this site so I decided to throw this out there. I also know I'm being fairly wishy-washy with the plans as I'm trying to be accommodating yet also unsure if anyone will even sign up. I'll iron out plans better once I know if anyone is even interested and when and where you're coming from.

View Rally Point
Reactions: TreadHead Pops

grover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Silver Springs, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Grover
Member #

Thanks for the invite Kyle! I've already got vacation plans with my family that weekend otherwise I'd love to join you. I live very close to you (Tuscany Calgary). I also have kids (6, 8, 12) so perhaps another time we can plan a trip. Have fun!

Reactions: Kelso

YYCRod

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Calgary, Alberta
Member #

I might be available. Are you setting a base camp up or traveling and camping? Try on the truck or on the overland trailer?

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

I might be available. Are you setting a base camp up or traveling and camping? Try on the truck or on the overland trailer?
Plan is travel and camp in a new spot each night. I've been out to the hot springs via the main road by Canal Flats and camped off that road a ton, so I just want to explore this route.
Am I trying out my truck? No... I might have misunderstood your question.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

YYCRod

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Calgary, Alberta
Member #

Plan is travel and camp in a new spot each night. I've been out to the hot springs via the main road by Canal Flats and camped off that road a ton, so I just want to explore this route.
Am I trying out my truck? No... I might have misunderstood your question.

Sorry I meant tent on the truck or on my trailer.

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

Ah, gotcha! Whatever works best for you, as I said the plan is to be mobile daily but also not technical 4 wheeling so either way should be fine.

Jim P

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fulshear, TX, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Parks
Member #

Hey Kyle - thanks for the invite! I have been scrambling to get my Jeep ready for camping this summer and just got my RTT a couple days ago. I would love to join you on this trip. I have two boys 13 and 15 who would be joining me. I live in Chestermere so not too far from you. I'd like to discuss more details about the trip via email if you're OK with that.

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

Hey Kyle - thanks for the invite! I have been scrambling to get my Jeep ready for camping this summer and just got my RTT a couple days ago. I would love to join you on this trip. I have two boys 13 and 15 who would be joining me. I live in Chestermere so not too far from you. I'd like to discuss more details about the trip via email if you're OK with that.
Hey Jim
First off, welcome to OB! I will PM you to discuss.

titicaca

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Calgary
Nice idea. Unfortunately this weekend will not work for my family. Safety moment: last year, near the lake, I got a tick bite and got very sick, it was unexpected as this area just like Alberta is meant to have low risk for nasty tick borne diseases. So take care.