• HTML tutorial

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Thanks jerb

Yah tires and wheels are the hardest part.

Methods are pretty popular but me personally like to change things up a bit. :)

Currently looking for a full size spare right now. deciding if I should stay with toyos or switch to generals. Spare location is on the list too. Basket or hitch mount?

Anyway pics will have to do for now. With the year ending I’m pretty stacked with work and events. However, I’d love to see your sleep system and grab ideas. RTT’s are great but pricey for me right now.

On a side note, notice another knocking sound in my front suspension. Could this be the culprit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerb

Rank II

Enthusiast I

I'm going to deflate the spare into the normal compartment and carry a portable air compressor, hoping it will fit with my new setup... I ended up ordering a set of five MR502s with 225/65r17 BFG KO2s and should get them on within a week or two.

Happy holidays!

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
I'm going to deflate the spare into the normal compartment and carry a portable air compressor, hoping it will fit with my new setup... I ended up ordering a set of five MR502s with 225/65r17 BFG KO2s and should get them on within a week or two.

Happy holidays!
Would love to know if it fits. I had mine on the roof rack for a while then got a Wilco Tire carrier for the hitch as at 62 I'm not getting any stronger with getting the tire up and down form the roof. I have my 225/65 R17 KO2's on stock rims. Rear spare is on a steel rim.

Reactions: krzyboy2o

jerb

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Would love to know if it fits. I had mine on the roof rack for a while then got a Wilco Tire carrier for the hitch as at 62 I'm not getting any stronger with getting the tire up and down form the roof. I have my 225/65 R17 KO2's on stock rims. Rear spare is on a steel rim.
@Terry Pickens , it took forever to get my tires (BFG was really slow on their shipment) but I finally have them. Five BFG KO2s, 225/65r17, and I finally have the answer.

When fully deflated, this tire does not fit in the spare tire compartment. :/ I made it work, mostly, but it's kind of annoying that I couldn't squish it in there. I had previously built a frame to level out the back for sleeping, with a platform on top. Now I had to remove the frame for that and the edge of the tire is supporting the platform, along with a couple of pieces of wood on the side. So it fits, sort of, but only because of my raised floor in the back. I will need to put some more work in it and rebuild my frame to account for the tire's presence... or spend an outrageous amount of money on a rear bumper replacement and hitch gate. :)

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
@Terry Pickens , it took forever to get my tires (BFG was really slow on their shipment) but I finally have them. Five BFG KO2s, 225/65r17, and I finally have the answer.

When fully deflated, this tire does not fit in the spare tire compartment. :/ I made it work, mostly, but it's kind of annoying that I couldn't squish it in there. I had previously built a frame to level out the back for sleeping, with a platform on top. Now I had to remove the frame for that and the edge of the tire is supporting the platform, along with a couple of pieces of wood on the side. So it fits, sort of, but only because of my raised floor in the back. I will need to put some more work in it and rebuild my frame to account for the tire's presence... or spend an outrageous amount of money on a rear bumper replacement and hitch gate. :)
Yes the hitch and tire carrier are not a cheap expense. Thanks for posting.

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Hi all,

Quick update, the XT is at the dealer right now getting the transmission looked at for the second time. The CEL came on last weekend and the first diagnosis was a P2754 (can’t quite remember the actual code). CE Light came in again after 20mins of driving off the dealer lot.

Currently at 104k and out of warranty however I’m Grateful that SOA covered the cost of the first repair and car rental (replaced transmission valve body) about $3,600 in total.

I’ll find out tomorrow the next steps.

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Looks for new brakes and rotors.

Anyone go with slotted rotors front and rear?

Anyone have good experience with Hawk or Akebono pads?

Thanks!

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Super late post.. here's some pics. unfortunately, most of the pics/video went on my Instagram Story.

So this year im thinking of getting more gear for the FXT. Im deciding upon the Wilco Hitchgate or a custom fab tire carrier from stellarbuilt. Let me know what you guys think. Aside from the tire carrier, im also looking at a front bumper light bar. still not sure who to go with. rallyinnovation, ssd performance. lp adventure or another custom built one from stellar.

would be nice to hear ya'll advice. Thanks

Attachments

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

been on the fence on my next purchase for the FXT. Im debating between the following..

Wilco Hitch
Baja Designs LP6
New mount for Maxtrax's

Has anyone added wheels spacers with OEM XT wheels to give the XT a wider stance?

krzyboy2o

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Looks like Deka Intimidator Ready to go after 2 years. Discharged twice already and not holding a charge.

Tested both battery and alternator.

Battery: 12.1V
Alternator 14.4V

Ended up getting a new battery and a Noco GB40

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I like this!

Am actually thinking about getting a Forester next year (if I don' have to move house).

Reactions: krzyboy2o