Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Man some people get their panties in a bind over numbers and what’s a real truck . Do we need to get a ruler out and start measuring stuff ? And maybe start figuring out who’s dad could beat up the other dads . Speaking of “car like” trucks . Why can’t we get Holden utes in the USA ? Small pickup with a v8 …. Yes please View attachment 205591
I think they should have named the "Maverick" the "Ranchero" instead :D

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

If that's the rules, then your colorado can't tow shit. My friends western star is way better cause it can tow 40k. Your truck is a weenie. See. both are trucks. Your argument is invalid. BTW, I love the colorado bison, just proving a point why your side of the argument is invalid.

BTW that was sort of kidding. It will get compared to similar vehicles in its class, just like every other vehicle. So NOT compared to your mid size truck, or a full size truck.
Well my colorado not so long ago was considered a small truck now its suddenly a mid size it was being compared to a Ford f150 raptor when they first came out with the 2nd Gen , compared to some larger trucks my tuck is indeed a weenie and compared to others not so much. No one calls the Kodiak a mini semi tractor yet it is one they call it a truck same treatment will be applied to any vehicle with a bed touting any type of hauling capability. Not sure how what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander.

dustan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Northern Michigan
First Name
Dustan
Last Name
Tompkins
Member #

My thought was whomever is in charge of naming messed up.

Bronco Sport should have just been Bronco 2.

The Mach-E Mustang should have come back as a Mav-E-Rick, or even the Mustang MavErick.

And the pick up should have been called the Ranchero.
Yeah you are really showing your age here lol the Bronco 2 was already built in the 80's bud.

All the hate for something new is gotten stupid. This truck will be very popular and I have one ordered. Coming for a guy who has owned them all including 3500 diesels. This will be a nice small truck for lvl 1 overlanding in stock form. For the uniframe the old school notion that the body on frame is best is just that old news. Exoskeleton is much stronger and you will see that more, way cheaper to build and easier to work on. You guys seem stuck on this MUST HAVE 34 INCH LIFT AND 56 INCH TIRES TO OVERLAND are just not normal. I love toyota and they are good but i'm not paying 50k for a used truck from 5 years ago with 200k miles on them.

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Well my colorado not so long ago was considered a small truck now its suddenly a mid size it was being compared to a Ford f150 raptor when they first came out with the 2nd Gen , compared to some larger trucks my tuck is indeed a weenie and compared to others not so much. No one calls the Kodiak a mini semi tractor yet it is one they call it a truck same treatment will be applied to any vehicle with a bed touting any type of hauling capability. Not sure how what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander.
exactly.

compared you truck against the ranger, taco and fronty. that's it's competition. The rest is white noise.

the mav compares to the santa cruz and ridgey. that's it's NOTHING ELSE.

F150 gets compared ot the titan, silvy 1500, tundra and ram 1500 NOTHING ELSE.

Once people realize comparing a vehicle out of it's segment is pointless, the better.....

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
People want, what people want.

Almost nobody wants reliability, durability, and serviceability. A junky minivan type truck, should sell well. Seems kinda sad to me.

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Yeah you are really showing your age here lol the Bronco 2 was already built in the 80's bud.

All the hate for something new is gotten stupid. This truck will be very popular and I have one ordered. Coming for a guy who has owned them all including 3500 diesels. This will be a nice small truck for lvl 1 overlanding in stock form. For the uniframe the old school notion that the body on frame is best is just that old news. Exoskeleton is much stronger and you will see that more, way cheaper to build and easier to work on. You guys seem stuck on this MUST HAVE 34 INCH LIFT AND 56 INCH TIRES TO OVERLAND are just not normal. I love toyota and they are good but i'm not paying 50k for a used truck from 5 years ago with 200k miles on them.
I remember the Bronco 2, that’s why I think they should have brought it back!

I too have a Maverick on order, I am getting it for my daughter, I am hoping my Bronco will be here “someday”.

But with the Maverick, this is perfect to go grab some bales of hay for the miniature horses she shows. It’ll be great to putt around town in at 40MPG, and I would love to see some overland type builds.

I know a guy who turned his Element into a camper.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I remember the Bronco 2, that’s why I think they should have brought it back!

I too have a Maverick on order, I am getting it for my daughter, I am hoping my Bronco will be here “someday”.

But with the Maverick, this is perfect to go grab some bales of hay for the miniature horses she shows. It’ll be great to putt around town in at 40MPG, and I would love to see some overland type builds.

I know a guy who turned his Element into a camper.
There is someone around here with the element pop top too. I don't haul heavy stuff, I don't RAWKKRAWL, and I don't need a big truck to make me feel man'ly :kissingsmiling:. The Mav is the ideal rig for us. Great on gas, big enough to haul us around, I can goto the lumber yard and get some wood without issue and throw our Mtn bikes in the back. It's plenty enough truck for us!

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

There is someone around here with the element pop top too. I don't haul heavy stuff, I don't RAWKKRAWL, and I don't need a big truck to make me feel man'ly :kissingsmiling:. The Mav is the ideal rig for us. Great on gas, big enough to haul us around, I can goto the lumber yard and get some wood without issue and throw our Mtn bikes in the back. It's plenty enough truck for us!
Personally I do enjoy full sized trucks and that's all I've ever owned aside from car sedans and coupes. Never owned a small or midsize truck...

...but I have wanted to. 30 years ago, I had a friend with a Chevy S-10 pickup. Standard shift. It did everything we needed as younger guys striking out on our own. I've always liked the old S10 Blazer. Was interested in the older Tacoma and the older Ranger.

Ever since the small trucks went midsize, the demise of the small, 4 cylinder pickup with standard shift has bothered me.

I like the idea of the Maverick and the older Honda Ridgeline. I suppose one could lump in the newer Honda Ridgeline, but that thing is just fugly. The new Maverick will be great for getting mulch, or putting a lawnmower or snowblower in the back, or as @Autism Family Travels says, mountain bikes, some camping or sports gear in the back. It's not meant for the heavy duty contractor. So what?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Looks suspiciously like a Colorado with a reworked nose (and different engine). Cover the frant fascia with your finger and see. That's fine with me. Isuzu made the very first small Chuvy trucks - the Luv.
And Mazda made the first Ford Courier 20 years earlier. Mini pickups started in the import market… a friend of mine had a 1948 Toyot pickup… that thing was S W E E T!!!

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

What is it with americans and pickup trucks?

I'll never understand that.
Durability and versatility. Especially these days with extended and crew cabs.

By area, very little of the US is made up of city. So...Family hauler. Work crew hauler. And equipment or payload far exceeding cars. Load it with camping gear or bikes. Load it with hay and still pull a horse trailer. Or load it with 50 bushels of fresh picked corn and drive it to the market. Load from the back, or over the side. Load with things taller than the roofline. Help a friend move a couch or refrigerator. Open the tailgate and sit on it while eating your bagged lunch. Or use the tailgate as a work bench.

Carry dirty stuff like butchered pigs or a deer you just shot without having to tie it to the hood or carry it inside an SUV. Or, save yourself from being killed by that deer that just jumped out in front of you on the highway. That longer hood often keeps enough distance between the driver and that 1200 pound animal with antlers.

Mulch, shrubs. An 8-foot bed carrys half a cord of chopped firewood or if so inclined, a relatable amount of pellet stove bags. A 6 foot bed carrys 1/3 of a cord.

Make a few bucks delivering for Amazon (though I'd want a tonneau, Leer cap, or just get a van for that, to prevent theft). Make a few bucks delivering truck loads of gravel or other materials to locals who dont have trucks and dont want to spend $800 per load. Make a few dollars by loading in a lawnmower in the summer and a snow thrower in the winter.

Pickup trucks are the modern equivalent of the horse and carriage from the old west. With one single country being so vast and varied, and very little of it being actually urban, it makes total sense to me that the pickup is so popular here.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

And Mazda made the first Ford Courier 20 years earlier. Mini pickups started in the import market… a friend of mine had a 1948 Toyot pickup… that thing was S W E E T!!!
Right! Mazda and Ford continued that relationship for along time. Mazda had a version of the Ford Ranger, even. They probably do this time around as well

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Lol, 1975 man! I used to have a couple old Mavericks.

I have one on order too, it’s actually for my daughter, she’s going to college and the 40mpg as well as a bed to pick up bales of hay in, win win!

@Michael just posted a video, I love it. It doesn’t matter that you drive, just get out and enjoy. Reconnect, re-wire, and re-energize.

Plus some people don’t know the old F100 was a unibody too!

Happy to have both the Bronco coming, and the Maverick - but I do think my renaming of the line would have been better! Lol

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Lol, 1975 man! I used to have a couple old Mavericks.

I have one on order too, it’s actually for my daughter, she’s going to college and the 40mpg as well as a bed to pick up bales of hay in, win win!

@Michael just posted a video, I love it. It doesn’t matter that you drive, just get out and enjoy. Reconnect, re-wire, and re-energize.

Plus some people don’t know the old F100 was a unibody too!

Happy to have both the Bronco coming, and the Maverick - but I do think my renaming of the line would have been better! Lol
I fully agree with your renaming scheme. Keeps things in line with history while providing an outlet of names for the new

Reactions: Padams7

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Personally I do enjoy full sized trucks and that's all I've ever owned aside from car sedans and coupes. Never owned a small or midsize truck...

...but I have wanted to. 30 years ago, I had a friend with a Chevy S-10 pickup. Standard shift. It did everything we needed as younger guys striking out on our own. I've always liked the old S10 Blazer. Was interested in the older Tacoma and the older Ranger.

Ever since the small trucks went midsize, the demise of the small, 4 cylinder pickup with standard shift has bothered me.

I like the idea of the Maverick and the older Honda Ridgeline. I suppose one could lump in the newer Honda Ridgeline, but that thing is just fugly. The new Maverick will be great for getting mulch, or putting a lawnmower or snowblower in the back, or as @Autism Family Travels says, mountain bikes, some camping or sports gear in the back. It's not meant for the heavy duty contractor. So what?
Exactly. I could buy a 1 ton truck but I don't need it. The mav is the perfect truck for us.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Oh well, that was short lived. HA HA. F150 incoming. I need a truck that can pull at least 10,000 lbs now. We just started a new venture building storage sheds, greenhouses, and other shelters on our site, then trailered to their locations. My truck will be the tow truck for this operation. Mav won't cut it for that. Wife might still get one however to replace the patriot.

Reactions: Downs