benwillis57

Rank 0

Traveler I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Willis
Starting a thread for my truck build. I got the truck back in July of 2020, it was all stock with 82k miles on it. It has the 5.0 Coyote V8, 3.73 gears in the rear end, and the 5.5ft bed.

I have already made some modifications to it before I got serious about keeping a running thread of everything I have done. I have attached a pic for reference of what my truck looks like now.
To date I have installed a 2.5” leveling spacer from supreme suspension, 33” Firestone Destination AT/2 tires, the Rough Country tow hook to shackle conversion kit, and a chrome Craftsman toolbox to match my chrome packaged truck.
8C80DF7A-35CC-4FDF-83CC-F494B806611B.jpeg

Last edited:

Steelhead Designs

Rank II

Contributor III

Oregon City, OR, USA
First Name
Ty
Last Name
Breshears
Member #

Looks good! Just started to build my 2016 f150 3.5l. Think I might be adding that tow hook to shackle conversion as well, I like the look of that.

benwillis57

Rank 0

Traveler I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Willis
Finished up a project today. Installed a skid plate from a Gen 2 Ford Raptor. Pretty straightforward, I bought the plate and front brackets off of EBay. I bought the rear support bracket from a Ford parts distributor. Had to get some miscellaneous bolts from Home Depot. Removed the stock air damn, bolted everything up to mark where to cut the plastic trim below the bumper and drilled new holes in the rear of the plate.

Attachments

two7overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Valparaiso, IN, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Trevino
Member #

Very nice looking truck! I've got a 2016 ecoboost I'm turning into an overland rig. How do you like the leveling kit? I'm looking into doing that or a 3"lift from rough country. Just installed a rigd tire carrier on the truck to mount my matching spare. More mods to come!

Attachments

ChapEJF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Starting a thread for my truck build. I got the truck back in July of 2020, it was all stock with 82k miles on it. It has the 5.0 Coyote V8, 3.73 gears in the rear end, and the 5.5ft bed.

I have already made some modifications to it before I got serious about keeping a running thread of everything I have done. I have attached a pic for reference of what my truck looks like now.
To date I have installed a 2.5” leveling spacer from supreme suspension, 33” Firestone Destination AT/2 tires, the Rough Country tow hook to shackle conversion kit, and a chrome Craftsman toolbox to match my chrome packaged truck.
View attachment 187661
Thanks for the thread and your truck looks great and I am sure further along now. I just bought a 2021 F-150 XLT Sport Supercrew FX4, and I plan to configure it into a minimal solo adventure/overlanding vehicle. My first MOD is Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain AT tires; I will wait for a while on a level/lift to see how the truck performs. I have a Bedrug and Leer HF650 tonneau cover on order. I plan to build a sleep platform for the rear seat area for comfort, design a load plan for the bed and possibly add an Adarac Pro rack at some point for an awning, paddle board, etc. Below is a pic of my truck with its new shoes. I will probably start a build thread soon. Thanks again.
IMG_1247.jpeg

benwillis57

Rank 0

Traveler I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Willis
Very nice looking truck! I've got a 2016 ecoboost I'm turning into an overland rig. How do you like the leveling kit? I'm looking into doing that or a 3"lift from rough country. Just installed a rigd tire carrier on the truck to mount my matching spare. More mods to come!
I have enjoyed it. I haven’t noticed a difference in the ride over stock

Reactions: two7overland

benwillis57

Rank 0

Traveler I

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Willis

View attachment 187661
Thanks for the thread and your truck looks great and I am sure further along now. I just bought a 2021 F-150 XLT Sport Supercrew FX4, and I plan to configure it into a minimal solo adventure/overlanding vehicle. My first MOD is Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain AT tires; I will wait for a while on a level/lift to see how the truck performs. I have a Bedrug and Leer HF650 tonneau cover on order. I plan to build a sleep platform for the rear seat area for comfort, design a load plan for the bed and possibly add an Adarac Pro rack at some point for an awning, paddle board, etc. Below is a pic of my truck with its new shoes. I will probably start a build thread soon. Thanks again.
View attachment 200557
I love the 21’s! I have made some changes but due to work and life I had forgotten about this thread. Will take some more pictures and update tomorrow!

Reactions: ChapEJF