For Sale - Rhode Island - 2018 Bundutec BunduTop hardshell RTT + 9'6" awning - $3,000 OBO - Delivery/Shipping Available

• HTML tutorial

packraft

Rank I

Contributor III

Rhode Island, USA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Aronson
Asking $3,000 OBO. Purchased directly from Rory and crew at Bundutec USA in Iowa in 2018 for $5,100. Looks like with inflation the cost of the same setup these days is closer to $7,000 without shipping.

Used in 2018 on a trip from Alaska to Florida and then for a cross-country move to New England where I'm at now. Incredible tent, absolutely loved every moment in it, no issues aside from a small repaired rip in the awning bag cover which was a result of me not understanding how to properly stow the awning when I first bought it. If you've never seen or been in one of these things, let me assure you that 1) they're very comfortable to sleep and just hang out in and 2) they're bombproof. I've been in thunderstorms and snow storms and stayed dry due to the tent having an integrated awning and zip-up panels. Looking at a lot of these more minimalist designs with no awning and/or thin fabric it just seems like you'd get soaked in any mildly serious rain.

I would love to keep this tent but sadly I have moved to a house without a garage or even a driveway large enough to park a small trailer. And now that I'm living in Rhode Island, I'll be spending a lot more time on the water than in a tent. So that precious rooftop space is the future home of a couple of fishing kayaks.

If you need a roof rack I'd be willing to part with the Eezi-Awn K9 rack too.

Will post more photos when I have a few minutes.

Happy to drive within reason to drop the tent off or work with you to arrange shipping.

Attachments

packraft

Rank I

Contributor III

Rhode Island, USA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Aronson
Sure thing. The tent is the 'standard' model you can find on the Bundutop or Bundutech USA website.

Tent (closed): 83 inches long x 52 inches wide x 12 inches tall

Awning (folded up): 88 inches long x 7 inches wide x 12 inches tall

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Asking $3,000 OBO. Purchased directly from Rory and crew at Bundutec USA in Iowa in 2018 for $5,100. Looks like with inflation the cost of the same setup these days is closer to $7,000 without shipping.

Used in 2018 on a trip from Alaska to Florida and then for a cross-country move to New England where I'm at now. Incredible tent, absolutely loved every moment in it, no issues aside from a small repaired rip in the awning bag cover which was a result of me not understanding how to properly stow the awning when I first bought it. If you've never seen or been in one of these things, let me assure you that 1) they're very comfortable to sleep and just hang out in and 2) they're bombproof. I've been in thunderstorms and snow storms and stayed dry due to the tent having an integrated awning and zip-up panels. Looking at a lot of these more minimalist designs with no awning and/or thin fabric it just seems like you'd get soaked in any mildly serious rain.

I would love to keep this tent but sadly I have moved to a house without a garage or even a driveway large enough to park a small trailer. And now that I'm living in Rhode Island, I'll be spending a lot more time on the water than in a tent. So that precious rooftop space is the future home of a couple of fishing kayaks.

If you need a roof rack I'd be willing to part with the Eezi-Awn K9 rack too.

Will post more photos when I have a few minutes.

Happy to drive within reason to drop the tent off or work with you to arrange shipping.
I've had my BunduTec BunduTop for 3 years now and love mine as well. Its been a work horse for me in good and terrible weather

Zachmotl

Rank 0

Contributor I

Brookhaven, NY, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Motl
Hey Jason do you still have this available? Is it comparable with the Thule system? That’s what I would strap jt to for pick up. Will be mounting it to another system in future

packraft

Rank I

Contributor III

Rhode Island, USA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Aronson
@Zachmotl The BunduTop is still available. I would think it would be compatible with nearly any rooftop system for the purposes of moving it provided you had ratchet straps etc. to secure it to the roof. When I picked it up from the dealer I drove a few hundred miles on the Interstate with ratchet straps only before I could get to a friend's house to bolt the tent to the roof rack more permanently.

Reactions: Zachmotl

Zachmotl

Rank 0

Contributor I

Brookhaven, NY, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Motl
cool

would you be able to send me a private message or share contact info in a non public way so we can discuss further
I am on south shore of Long Island and very interested