For Sale- Gobi Rack for WK2 Grand Cherokee- Northern California

• HTML tutorial

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

I have for sale off of my 2017 Grand Cherokee, a Gobi stealth roof rack and rear ladder. Does have opening for sun roof. Also included is a Gobi Ax and shovel mount and 2 KC lights. All about 1 year old. I live about 2 hours north of Sacramento, must be picked up here. $1,500 firm. Will accept cash or Pay Pal only. Thank you for looking.
20180502_191225.jpg20180502_191300.jpg20180501_084230.jpg

Last edited:

Phence

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Scott
I am in the market for this rack, and live in the bay area. If you've had any change of heart and looking to sell, let me know. Regardless of that, how do you like it? Any specific reason you chose to sell it to begin with?

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

I am in the market for this rack, and live in the bay area. If you've had any change of heart and looking to sell, let me know. Regardless of that, how do you like it? Any specific reason you chose to sell it to begin with?
Hey Matt, I did end up keeping the rack on the Jeep. The only reason I was going to sell it was because I had taken a new job that was going to require an 1 hour+ commute every day and I thought I would get better gas mileage with it off. I removed it and commuted for a couple of months but barely noticed a difference in freeway mileage, so I put it back on and kept it. Overall I love the rack! I have had no problems with it and I'm glad I kept it. It was worth every penny and the wait time.

Phence

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Scott
Great to hear its working out. I have a couple of quick questions if you don't mind.

Have you noticed the contoured profile of the rack from the back to the front ever being an issue when loading gear (as opposed to the rack being completely flat?)? At least it looks slightly contoured in photos, but I'm not sure if this is actually a negative in any way.

Are the internal cross bars completely adjustable fore/aft? Are there any static cross bars or is it just a completely open space inside the outer rails?

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Great to hear its working out. I have a couple of quick questions if you don't mind.

Have you noticed the contoured profile of the rack from the back to the front ever being an issue when loading gear (as opposed to the rack being completely flat?)? At least it looks slightly contoured in photos, but I'm not sure if this is actually a negative in any way.

Are the internal cross bars completely adjustable fore/aft? Are there any static cross bars or is it just a completely open space inside the outer rails?
I don't mind at all, let me know any questions you got. I haven't had any problems loading with the shape of the rack. I haven't completely filled it front to back with hard items but what I have used it the most for is to haul mine and my wife's paddle boards. They are 10' and 12' long and work great with Yakima paddle board rack mounted to the cross bars, which are completely removable/ adjustable. I believe this is the only way you can order them now. you use to have a choice of welded in or removable. Either way I would prefer how they are. Plenty sturdy but come off if not needed.

Phence

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Scott
Thanks again for the quick reply. I'm currently on the fence between the new Chief rack and the Gobi. I've had a lot of good experience with Chief in the past, but I am looking to get something that will work for as long as I have the jeep. I have 3 kids which means, when I go exploring, we're carrying lots of gear. Its the size of the Gobi that is having me lean that way. I do carry my spare on the roof when fully loaded, and the fact its already wired for lights helps too.

I'm going to stew on it a bit and reach out to Gobi with some accessories questions.

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Thanks again for the quick reply. I'm currently on the fence between the new Chief rack and the Gobi. I've had a lot of good experience with Chief in the past, but I am looking to get something that will work for as long as I have the jeep. I have 3 kids which means, when I go exploring, we're carrying lots of gear. Its the size of the Gobi that is having me lean that way. I do carry my spare on the roof when fully loaded, and the fact its already wired for lights helps too.

I'm going to stew on it a bit and reach out to Gobi with some accessories questions.
I haven't had the chance to use any Chief products but they do seem pretty nice. If time is an issue for you, defiantly talk to Gobi on time. Mine took 5 months to get but that was before they moved into there new facility. If your ever in the area and want to take a look at it, just let me know.

Phence

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Scott
Do you use the ladder at all? I'm going to order the Gobi, but I'm thinking of replacing the ladder with another accessory.

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Do you use the ladder at all? I'm going to order the Gobi, but I'm thinking of replacing the ladder with another accessory.
I personally love the ladder. I use it all the time when getting anything off the rack and when climbing on to the rack to jump up on the roof of my house. LOL. Plus I just love the look of it. Also I have a bag that I attach to mine. Inked20180618_141421_LI.jpg

Phence

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Scott
I just ordered the rack from Gobi. They were super helpful and even gave me the black friday 10% discount over the phone. Great experience. I opted to switch the ladder out for another accessory since I open my rear hatch window all the time when I'm overlanding. Primarily to get easy access to stuff inside that I'd be worried would fall out if I opened the full hatch. I guess thats one of the problems I'll be solving by being able to put stuff up on the roof...but time will tell.

Now i get to play the 12-16 week waiting game and hope I get it before my plan to run Mojave Road at the end of March

Reactions: MojaveME

MojaveME

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Summerlin, Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Evans
Member #

IMG_4770.jpg
My Gobi came with my 2018 Trailhawk and at first I thought I was going to sell it and now I love it and have been finding out the best way to get the most out of it. Future upgrades are lights, awnings and a few other bits. So just wanted to add a thumbs up for the rack.

Attachments

Last edited:

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
View attachment 130452
My Hobo came with my 2018 Trailhawk and at first I thought I was going to sell it and now I love it and have been finding out the best way to get the most out of it. Future upgrades are lights, awnings and a few other bits. So just wanted to add a thumbs up for the rack.
Nice looking rig [emoji6]

Reactions: MojaveME