• HTML tutorial

ALNSM_Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meulan, FRANCE
Member #

Hi guys !

I recently wired everything in order to use my portable / foldable 100W solar panel to keep my AUX battery charged when I spend multiple days at the same campspot.
I think this is cheap, easy DIY, and convenient system. Especially when you don't have a lot of space to put a permanent solar panel on your rig.
I've made a video about it, so I'll let you watch for more details.
Hopefully you will got some ideas or inspiration for your own setup !

This is the Dokio 100W Solar panel I use. You can find it on Amazon or Aliexpress for around 100€/$
On my last test, it gave me 4.5A and putted the battery at 14.2V.
My smart battery system even linked my two batteries to charge my MAIN and my AUX battery at the same time !

photo IG.jpg

⬇This is what my electrical panel look like. You can see the power outlet with the SAE connector/cable of the solar panel.⬇
It's the only cable I have to plug to use my solar panel ! It's pretty simple and quick to setup at camp.
photo IG 2.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it !​

TravelingDog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chicago, Illinois
Member #

It's a good setup! I have a 100w panel on a long cable that I put in the sun when I hit camp. My trailer stays in the shade and is cooler while the battery charges. It's worked great unless I get a string of rainy overcast days. My panel doesn't fold but it fits on the bed in my teardrop. I still like the idea of the folding one to free up space. Maybe when this one fails :)