Rank II

Contributor III

Apopka, FL, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Algarin
Member #

We are getting ready for a family overland trip. We are jumping in our Jeep and overlanding from Florida to Yellowstone. We are excited and nervous at the same time. We’ve done something similar when we went to The Colorado Rockies last year, but it is getting out of the routine and going into the unknown that always makes anybody nervous. Anyone have any tips to share? Thanks.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
We are getting ready for a family overland trip. We are jumping in our Jeep and overlanding from Florida to Yellowstone. We are excited and nervous at the same time. We’ve done something similar when we went to The Colorado Rockies last year, but it is getting out of the routine and going into the unknown that always makes anybody nervous. Anyone have any tips to share? Thanks.
Don't forget to turn off the oven and lock the door when you leave! :grin:

Dcooper

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

On trips like yours I would the Garmin InReach Explorer+ or something similar, and a good set of paper maps to back you up such as Lizard or Butler maps. That's my two cents:blush:

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Two suggestions..

Use iOverlander to find some nice boondocking sites and I hope you have your reservations in Yellowstone…

Reactions: Guardian