Florida Panhandle Overlanding (Eglin,BlackWater, Yellow River)

• HTML tutorial

cl_859

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nowhere, OK, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
B
I'm new to overlanding and relatively new to the area (Navarre) and would love to head out to the range if there's ever a group trip planned

DieselPilot

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Georgia and Florida
Member #

Let me know if you ever plan a meet up as this is my home town growing up. Spent many hours getting lost , and stuck as a teenager on the base. Most people would never know that some of the best off-roading used to be east of Destin , the joys of progress. and tourism.
I work in down in Orlando but reside up in Atlanta so it's an easy ride over .

Spooky08

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, Florida, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hendrickson
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
@cl_859 welcome to the area. I'll throw up a message next time I'm planning on heading out to the range for anyone that wants to go. I've only got just under two months before I'm out of pocket for a few months, but I definitely want to get out there once or twice before I leave.

Reactions: cl_859

rrjones2u

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

US
@cl_859 welcome to the area. I'll throw up a message next time I'm planning on heading out to the range for anyone that wants to go. I've only got just under two months before I'm out of pocket for a few months, but I definitely want to get out there once or twice before I leave.
Let me know when you do, I'm interested

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

However, the price for the pass has even raised to like 50 or 55 bucks.
I’m not sure where you got that info from. According to the website it is still $20 for the yearly recreational permit.
It’s an additional $5 per night for camping. Be sure to check the Eglin.isportsman.net webpage as that is the ONLY website to get your permits from.

Reactions: rrjones2u

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

In regards to the organized OB meet up... I will be figuring that out this upcoming weekend with our Overlanding group and my buddy who still lives up there. We are thinking Feb. or March.

Having some volunteers who be interested in pre-running certain sections ahead of time would be great as he and I have most of it mapped out BUT having updated info for closures and such would be ideal.

I will for sure post here more details once I have them nailed down.

David Engle

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Texas
Member #

I’m not sure where you got that info from. According to the website it is still $20 for the yearly recreational permit.
It’s an additional $5 per night for camping. Be sure to check the Eglin.isportsman.net webpage as that is the ONLY website to get your permits from.
I think I might have accidentally purchased a fancier permit by mistake, sorry for the confusion.

David Engle

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Texas
Member #

In regards to the organized OB meet up... I will be figuring that out this upcoming weekend with our Overlanding group and my buddy who still lives up there. We are thinking Feb. or March.

Having some volunteers who be interested in pre-running certain sections ahead of time would be great as he and I have most of it mapped out BUT having updated info for closures and such would be ideal.

I'd love to run some of the trails. Hurricane Michael beat up Eglin a little bit so there have been a few trees down.

Kasmi

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I can check out trails.

Also open to off the cuff stuff. I don't know the area that will only done some light drives though.

Reactions: rrjones2u and gabe

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
New member, would definitely be interested in an Eglin meetup. Eglin is my playground, I've been exploring it since the early 90's. I live in the Fort Walton Beach area so will definitely keep an eye on this thread and any meetups planned for the area!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Spent most of the day out on the West side of the Eglin Range yesterday, started by trying to catch finicky bass at Roberts Pond and then did some exploring trying to find a campground. Had a good time, now I have a dirty truck to clean!