Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
I am new here and looking for other Florida Overland members to connect with.

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

@AnglerAdventurer I am not based in FL but I am considering a move, I have only ridden a motorcycle through FL is there any good offroading, exploring, camping? I stayed in a few regular campgrounds which when exploring in the truck I'd avoid like the plague. How is the experience in FL? Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread ;-P

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
@1derer most of the good offloading I've done has been in Ocala or Canaveral with 4 wheelers. Other than that most of the other experience I have are with a kayak and hammock camping. Overloading is all new to me but I'm sure land by those areas and some of the WMAs would be some great adventures. If you want some interesting camping try mosquito lagoon on the islands. Where are you thinking of moving to down here?

Reactions: 1derer

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

@1derer most of the good offloading I've done has been in Ocala or Canaveral with 4 wheelers. Other than that most of the other experience I have are with a kayak and hammock camping. Overloading is all new to me but I'm sure land by those areas and some of the WMAs would be some great adventures. If you want some interesting camping try mosquito lagoon on the islands. Where are you thinking of moving to down here?
No decisions made yet still weighing my options there are a few other considerations. I am just doing my research on what my options are... Even if there is not a lot of overlanding, exploring by 4x4 that's ok as I love the water as well as trying to get into paramotoring.

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
No decisions made yet still weighing my options there are a few other considerations. I am just doing my research on what my options are... Even if there is not a lot of overlanding, exploring by 4x4 that's ok as I love the water as well as trying to get into paramotoring.
Most of the 4x4 exploring is on the western side of the state that I know of. I know a few spots by me on the east coast and having Canaveral close with it's trails and Mosquito Lagoon is nice too. There is a good amount of camping in the area both tent and hammock.

CPick

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West FL
Member #

Ocala National Forest and Withlacootchee State Forest are both fun areas to explore with lots of trails. Certain times of the year you can dispersed camp in Ocala.

Edy Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

@AnglerAdventurer I am not based in FL but I am considering a move, I have only ridden a motorcycle through FL is there any good offroading, exploring, camping? I stayed in a few regular campgrounds which when exploring in the truck I'd avoid like the plague. How is the experience in FL? Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread ;-P
Lives there many many years. Beautiful, awesome place. Public lands are few. Ocala National forest, the Glades, a few wildlife areas. Camping in the summer is brutal, heat, humidity, LOTS of mosquitoes.
Always cool to incorporate the water into overlanding there. Fishing, kayaks, snorkeling trips etc. Florida has many opportunities for adventure.

Jon254

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Boynton Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Dedrick
Member #

Im In south florida! Ive explored a bit of the trails we have in north florida and south. Im always looking for more trails and friends to explore with! I have a few friends down here that I trail ride and camp with every few months. Right now it is way too hot but we might still go soon lol. IMG_2191.JPGIMG_1959.JPG

Reactions: Hectorp