First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
What is the event up in AL?
Its called RockADock, its a paddling event up in Geneva this year. Basically a bunch of people get together to paddle a waterway for a weekend and do a clean up. Me and my gf attend events like that ever so often. Its a shame we can't take the pups since they love going on the water with us.

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN

Cytodave

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Gainesville, FL, USA
First Name
david
Last Name
Lemire
Member #

I’m a new member to the OB community and have noticed there isn’t a lot of Florida rally points but a good amount of Florida members. I was wondering if there is any interest for a Florida or Central Florida meetup. It’ll be good to meet other local members for coffee or something and talk about rigs and experiences. If there are any other Florida members who are up for it let me know and we can work out an event.
I am a new member in the Gainesville Fl. area did you ever get any response to your request for a meet up?

JL2120

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hollywood, FL, USA
First Name
Myles
Last Name
Roger
Member #

New
I am a new member in the Gainesville Fl. area did you ever get any response to your request for a meet up?
New to the forum here. South FL area but willing to travel around for meetups. Would like to get together with some like minded individuals and explore.

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
I did but due to an experience with my then girlfriend/now fiancée the event was scrubbed. It also lead to me being absent on the site. The response for it was good.

Traildog44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fort Myers, FL, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

I’m a new member and live in the Fort Myers area, a little north of Naples. I’d be willing to drive some to get a chance to meet some people.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I'm in Orlando and definitely hoping to see if we can put together any event or rally point. is anyone interested in trying to maybe work together at putting on one of these?

Reactions: Geno DeVito

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
What good areas is everyone up for? I know some decent spots in Ocala, Merritt Island, and Oak Hill. I’ll help setup an event for anyone who is interested and has some ideas.

Reactions: Geno DeVito

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
What good areas is everyone up for? I know some decent spots in Ocala, Merritt Island, and Oak Hill. I’ll help setup an event for anyone who is interested and has some ideas.
Im game for anywhere really, I can def help setup as well if need be

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
How far out should we plan It out to get the best turnout. I know we had a member who moved to New Mexico that had successfully put it together a couple times.

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
How far out should we plan It out to get the best turnout. I know we had a member who moved to New Mexico that had successfully put it together a couple times.
At least more a month or so, gives time to get things situated and people to make plans.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
At least more a month or so, gives time to get things situated and people to make plans.
Absolutely sounds good to plan that far ahead for the best turn out. I was thinking maybe we can do something mid to late Jan or early Feb.