FJ Cruiser registry

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I just used the existing cargo net holes and mounted a small server rack shelf there. Attached a few molle pouches to it. That thing you posted does look pretty cool though!
Yeah i would like to get both sides but I have the subwoofer on the other side and it wouldn't work. I would like the space but I like the sub when those 80's hair bands start rocking out. lol. Plus it gives my wife something to shake her head at and wonder why she picked me. lol

Reactions: Cully74

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Anyone have an ARB 2500 awning on their FJ? If so do you feel like its a bit too long, or does it fit okay? Trying to decide between the 2000 (6.5' long) and the 2500 (8.2' long) on the stock FJ roof rack.

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

NNNICE!!!!!!!!! Your FJ has been through quite a few changes since I saw it on here last. Mine has a rack for Maxtrax now. I know I know....really fancy!! Hahahaha. I actually am trying to lock down which awning I want, and one day I'll try and order sliders...when I feel like paying the shipping for them that is...

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

NNNICE!!!!!!!!! Your FJ has been through quite a few changes since I saw it on here last. Mine has a rack for Maxtrax now. I know I know....really fancy!! Hahahaha. I actually am trying to lock down which awning I want, and one day I'll try and order sliders...when I feel like paying the shipping for them that is...
Yeah I read your question about awnings on here. Pretty much all of the awnings are too long, or at least "look" too long for the stock FJ rack. I have the Foxwing and it really sticks out longways or did when I had then stock rack on there.
IMG_5773.JPG This was before I changed racks. It didn't look bad at all in my opinion. So the others will do just the same. You will think they are going to look a little weird but they actually don't look bad when you get them on. I too am going to order some upgraded sliders this fall. I really wanted the Demello Foxwings but man they are pricey. The rep at FJ Summit said if you will call them and say you talked to Mike at FJ Summit you will get like 20-30% off...BUT I have got access to the local HS welding shop and I can get them to build me a set for a little of nothing so its hard to let go of the cash when you have that resource. Hope you get exactly what you want bro.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

Anyone have an ARB 2500 awning on their FJ? If so do you feel like its a bit too long, or does it fit okay? Trying to decide between the 2000 (6.5' long) and the 2500 (8.2' long) on the stock FJ roof rack.
8' all day. If you're bolting on an awning, you want to get as much square footage as you can afford.

If you call and buy from Tepui, they can make you an 8x8. That's the biggest I've seen other than a Foxwing-style model.

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

2007 with a 3" Toytec Boss 2.5 lift, 35x12.5 General Grabber X3 tires, Warrior front bumper, smittybilt 9500 winch, RCI skids (front, mid, rear, tank, diff), Man-A-Fre auxilary fuel tank, Expedition One rear bumper + tire carrier, Hella driving lights, Offroad Garage snorkel, ARB twin compressor, Harrop front E-locker, 4.56 gears, outback roof console and my personal favorite.......... Retro Stripes influenced by the 1st gen Toyota hilux 4x4.

markwths

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wodonga, Australia
Member #

Winter here in North East Victoria, Australia. Thought I would post a current photo.
TJM Bull bar and Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Platform Roof Rack, 2" lift suspension, UHF CB Radio and Ham HF, 2mtr and 7ocm radio's.

P.S Side Mirrors have just been painted Black with Plasti Dip

20180623_131055.jpg

Last edited:

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Winter here in North East Victoria, Australia. Thought I would post a current photo.
TJM Bull bar and Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Platform Roof Rack, 2" lift suspension, UHF CB Radio and Ham HF, 2mtr and 7ocm radio's.

P.S Side Mirrors have just been painted Black with Plasti Dip

View attachment 63617
Great looking rig bro. I would be very interested to see how you have mounted your radios since our rigs have such little room in the cockpit. Here is what I came up with to mount mine.
IMG_8021.JPG
The pic is not great but they are mounted on RAM mounts from the top and bottom. CB is mounted on the left separately. GMRS and HAM are mounted on the RAM mounts and attached at 2 different points. When I scoot the passenger seat all the way up it keeps them locked in and they don't rattle at all. But I'm always interested to see how others do it. Thanks BRO and have a great day.

Reactions: markwths

markwths

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wodonga, Australia
Member #

Great looking rig bro. I would be very interested to see how you have mounted your radios since our rigs have such little room in the cockpit. Here is what I came up with to mount mine.
View attachment 63620
The pic is not great but they are mounted on RAM mounts from the top and bottom. CB is mounted on the left separately. GMRS and HAM are mounted on the RAM mounts and attached at 2 different points. When I scoot the passenger seat all the way up it keeps them locked in and they don't rattle at all. But I'm always interested to see how others do it. Thanks BRO and have a great day.
Hi Brofessor,
I mounted both the 71oo and the 5100 control heads in the cupholders with the Icom suction mounts. The UHF CB has all the controls and speaker on the microphone and the main units of these radios are mounted under the front seats.

The 2 mtr/70cm antenna is mounted at the rear with a home made mounting bracket made from a piece of angle iron. The multitap HF antenna on the bull bar along with the UHF CB antenna on the other side.

I am looking at replacing the HF antenna with a Tarheel or a SD330 auto tune antenna and mount it on the rear in place of the 2/70cm antenna and move it to the front on the bull bar.

I also carry a multiband end fed dipole in the vehicle to setup when camping or to get better range and coverage on the lower bands like 160 mtrs 80 mtrs and 40 mtrs. The antenna covers 3 mhz up to 30 mhz with out the use of an antenna tuner but works well on 160 metres surprisingly. With a VSWR of 1.5:1. The antenna is made by Bushcomm as is the HF antenna on the bull bar.

20180804_082622.jpg 20180804_082728.jpg 20180804_082859.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: theBROFESSOR

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
'07 that just hit 225K this summer. Ozarks.Ramble Mtn Top.jpg
In Big Bend
IMG_0018.JPG
Leaving for Colorado last month.
Winnie Drop.jpg

The FJ started out bone stock but earlier this year put on a set of Cooper AT3's, TRD suspension, and TRD cold air intake and exhaust, and a tranny cooler. Then we added a storage cabinet and ARB fridge and ARB awning.
20180204_170919.jpeg
Next up maybe a dual battery setup. Maybe better skids, too.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

2013 Army Green

Mods so far:

Ironman FCP Long Travel Suspension
Light Racing UCAs
Pure Sliders
RCI Steel skids from engine to rear diff
Demello Evil Eye
Smittybuilt Synthetic Winch
ARB Breather
Baja LEDs
285 70 17 Cooper ST Maxx

I think that is it....
View attachment 12665View attachment 12666

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The hill in your first picture is really really steep!!!