FJ Cruiser "Five & Dime"

• HTML tutorial

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Thanks, I love getting compliments from Jeep owners. Most of the time when Jeep guy is hassling me about my Toyota, he’s driving some $100k JK that’s never left the pavement. I really enjoy this community and it’s “run whatcha brung” inclusive mentality!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Lol, I know. Those guys are something else. I just love off-road machines, and that's a great one. How boring would it all be if they were all the same. The most fun, to me, is wheeling with a group that has a variety of machines. It makes for great campfire conversation to see what unique capabilities each has. Yours looks like it would be a beast off-road, especially with the ARB up front!

CHILL907

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Peoria, AZ
Member #

Rear suspension is rebuilt and my rig is sitting on all fours. Installed a Metal Tech long travel kit with heavy springs and Icon 2.5 remote resi.

The springs are a bit taller than the OMEs making them fun to install without a spring compressor. Ended up completely disconnecting the lower link allowing the axle to droop a little further.

The Icon 2.5 look gigantic next to the Fox 2.0

Install complete!!!

First test drive was promising. FJ seemed to track straight and it made short work of the speed humps in my neighborhood. I’m looking forward to getting her off-road again soon.

Reactions: DanW

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Thanks, I love getting compliments from Jeep owners. Most of the time when Jeep guy is hassling me about my Toyota, he’s driving some $100k JK that’s never left the pavement. I really enjoy this community and it’s “run whatcha brung” inclusive mentality!

Totally agree with your comments!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

CHILL907

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Peoria, AZ
Member #

IMG_2018.JPG

Finally took the rig out to test the new Metal Tech long travel suspension. The Metal Tech heavy springs w/Icon 2.5 shocks were a huge improvement over the OME w/Fox 2.0 shocks. The ride was smooth and we never found the bump stops. It should be noted that I carry a lot of extra weight which motivated us to try a stiffer set up. Our test run was in Sedona AZ on the Broken Arrow trail. My wife did all the driving while I had fun spotting and getting some snapshots!

IMG_2048.JPG
fullsizeoutput_572.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_573.jpeg

If you have never run the Broken Arrow trail and you find yourself in Arizona, I highly suggest you check it out. The trail is mildly challenging and the views are spectacular. I plan to do a write up on the trail in the future.

DJI_0051.JPG