First upgrade

• HTML tutorial

MSOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi all. I've been a member for a grand total of three days now. Figured a few might like my story from yesterday.

So, I've only had my LX470 for a month or two. Purchased it from a 65 year old lady. One owner and she handed me over two inches of paper work. Included was every oil change, tire rotation, and spark plug purchase since 2000. Even had the receipt for the highway tires she put on the vehicle 40,000 miles ago...

Needless to say, I've been looking for an excuse to start a small build. Well, it came in the form of a nail. I hoped in as soon as I pulled off I hear "flop flop." Tire is gone. Praise the lord!

Wife says "Your a little to excited to be fixing a flat tire." What she didn't know is that the guys at local shop (shout out to 49 Tires in Richland MS) had already sent me a pic of the new shoes waiting on me.

Whole time I'm changing that little bald tire I was whistling to the tune of "285/75/16, KO2."

So, long story short...the build started yesterday. Could not be more excited!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

LostWolf

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gladstone, Michigan, USA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Levely
Member #

Break it to build it. Great idea, much easier sell to the wife that way.

Kelly
Jeep "Mid-Life Crisis"
Life is an adventure, live it!

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
Haha I put the same tires on my 4runner, but white letters out looks better. ;)
Kinda does... White letters out is just so ppl that don't know what good tires looks like can identify them. I've run BFG/AT on several trucks and only the first set did I have them mounted white out. JS [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Preston Tiegs

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
Haha, X2 and that is a topic by itself.

You have the right mentality, which is, "every failed or broken part is the next opportunity to upgrade".

Welcome aboard btw.

Dan
Or just well worn parts... Better to be proactive with replacement of worn parts... Could very easily avoid a trail repair in the mud, rocks, snow... Or what ever the situation may be.

xnooby63

Rank 0

Traveler I

banks of the James
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Mason
Hi all. I've been a member for a grand total of three days now. Figured a few might like my story from yesterday.

So, I've only had my LX470 for a month or two. Purchased it from a 65 year old lady. One owner and she handed me over two inches of paper work. Included was every oil change, tire rotation, and spark plug purchase since 2000. Even had the receipt for the highway tires she put on the vehicle 40,000 miles ago...

Needless to say, I've been looking for an excuse to start a small build. Well, it came in the form of a nail. I hoped in as soon as I pulled off I hear "flop flop." Tire is gone. Praise the lord!

Wife says "Your a little to excited to be fixing a flat tire." What she didn't know is that the guys at local shop (shout out to 49 Tires in Richland MS) had already sent me a pic of the new shoes waiting on me.

Whole time I'm changing that little bald tire I was whistling to the tune of "285/75/16, KO2."

Welcome welcome from Central Virginia... Awesome choice for new shoes.

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Nice upgrade! Welcome to the community.

My compliments on mounting with the white lettering on the inside
I couldn't agree more.

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
-Nietzsche

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Looks like those new tires fill the arches a bit better. Did you go up a tire size. Time you spotted a leaking shock so you can upgrade the suspension next [emoji6]