First time wheeling on the beach

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Proctor
First time leaving pavement in my new to 2018 PRO-4X at South Padre Island National Seashore. Sign says "4-Wheel drive, high clearance vehicles only". I think mine check all the boxes. The weather stayed decent, and I was able to pack out more trash than we took in. If you ask at the Ranger Station, they will give to a trash bag to fill up to help

IMG_20210519_205550_682.jpgIMG_20210519_205550_751.jpg20210518_151648.jpg

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Nice looking truck and a great way to break her in. We're from northeastern NC and really enjoy visiting and camping on our National Seashores (Cape Hatteras and Cape Lookout). Cape Lookout is especially nice as you can camp most anywhere between the dunes and the high tide line. Nothing better than watching an Atlantic sunrise without having to leave your sleeping bag.IMG_7087 (2).JPG

AllenK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Wauconda, IL, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Kroliczek
Member #

Awesome, hope you had a great time! We were at the north shore last week and managed to see a few turtle nest sites, it's really sad how much trash ends up on shore. Happy to see folks doing what they can!

Reactions: Care_Under_Fire

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Proctor
Awesome, hope you had a great time! We were at the north shore last week and managed to see a few turtle nest sites, it's really sad how much trash ends up on shore. Happy to see folks doing what they can!
I was shocked by the amount of trash that washes up.

Reactions: huachuca

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

I was shocked by the amount of trash that washes up.
[/QUOTE,
Know what you mean - we found a piece of heavy carpet, at least 10’ x 15’, and a fish cleaning table in reasonably good shape in the area we chose to camp. Just as bad are the visitors who leave junk behind. After setting up our tent and screen room, I walked into the dunes and found the twisted frame from an ez up and a pair of men’s jeans half buried in the sand. Keep n mind Portsmouth Island is totally isolated with no amenities. The only vehicle access is by a private ferry service and the effort to visit is not insignificant. How someone could work hard enough to get there and then trash the place is beyond me.

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
There is a sense of anxiousness and adrenaline at the same moment when beach driving. Each, forced, sway into the ruts of the vehicle that was before you creates a rush in the drivers seat, and a tensed breath for the passenger - at least in the case of my wife. Haha! Glad you made the venture out. You'll be forever hooked now. It's almost impossible to back to the days of hotels and lugging all the beach things a 1/4 mile and back, once you've experienced vehicle based beach days. Continued Happy Trails to you!