First snowstorm - Got to test the Falken AT3W in snow......

• HTML tutorial

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
they were and continue to be the best all-around tire I've run. Quite, capable, great wear, ride and handle really well. Glad to hear you're happy with them!
Mine seem to be wearing fast, and since they are not siped through the entire tread, the winter traction has diminished somewhat. I think the AT4W is siped the entire tread so that should help alot with the winter grip. As for wear, I am going to the dealer and having a treadwear test done.

I am buying them again, but it will be the at4w this time.
I edited my post above, both the 3W and 4W have full depth sipes.

DangitDad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Wyoming
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Veltkamp
Member #

Y'all have convinced me. The new rig is getting the Method 703 wheels with the -12 offset to carry the Wildpeak A/T4W in an LT315/70/R17. After a lift, of course.

I already ordered the wheels but if anyone thinks this is the stoopedist idea ever, and have good reasons for that thought, I'd love to hear it.

Ran across an interesting site, Tire Pressure Calculator, to calculate what the pressure should be on the new tires, to best match the performance of the stock tires.

joel3000

Rank III

Explorer I

Davis, CA, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Bremson
Member #

I had mine out in the 4runner on a trail with mud and hard pack snow. They did well. Just went slow and stayed off the brakes.