Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Smithville, MO, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jewett
Member #

Hey guys, I have been speaking with Peter Sloop from Sloop Imports. He has agreed to bring over the designer from In House Fab to prototype and start manufacturing a snorkel for the 4th Gen 4runner. To my knowledge, this will be the first snorkel manufactured specifically for the 4th gen. It will be made out of stainless steel with the option to be powder coated. Also at this point, we are planning on integrating it into the factory air-box to make the unit easier to install and a little cheaper. They haven't determined a price yet since we haven't started prototyping. I will update you on price when we get to that point. I can say it should be cheaper than the Tacoma version that they are currently selling.

All he is requesting is for 5 to 10 people that would be willing to commit to buying the snorkel to justify the expense of prototyping the unit. If we can get those people, the rough timeline at this point is to have a prototype done by the end of spring with the snorkel ready to purchase by mid-summer. I will update you with more accurate information as I get it from Peter.

If you have questions post them below and if you would like to contact them to show your support or with questions you can send an email to sales@sloopimports.com

Here is what the In House Fab snorkels look like. These pictures are from the SEMA build they did last year on a new Tacoma.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hi .. I would commit if there is a 5th GEN Version available or future prototype. You mentioned powder coating as an option .. my preference would be Matte Black with IN HOUSE FAB in RED to tie in with the color scheme of my 2018 4R TRD Off Road. What would be the additional cost for powder coat? Would free shipping be considered? I was interested in TJM's version but I do like the style of the In House Fab prototype.

Michael Jewett

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Smithville, MO, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jewett
Member #

Hi .. I would commit if there is a 5th GEN Version available or future prototype. You mentioned powder coating as an option .. my preference would be Matte Black with IN HOUSE FAB in RED to tie in with the color scheme of my 2018 4R TRD Off Road. What would be the additional cost for powder coat? Would free shipping be considered? I was interested in TJM's version but I do like the style of the In House Fab prototype.
I can speak with Peter and if we get enough interest we will definitely consider prototyping a 5th gen version as well. I am not for sure on the powder coating cost at this time but I can find that out. That color scheme is very doable.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

That's sexy! Curious why stainless over plastic? Most I have seen are plastic I think. Stainless is expensive and durable but seems overkill for this purpose. Any idea on the price or price range?

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

I can speak with Peter and if we get enough interest we will definitely consider prototyping a 5th gen version as well. I am not for sure on the powder coating cost at this time but I can find that out. That color scheme is very doable.
I appreciate the consideration please let me know. I have time to wait so its not a game stopper.

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

That's sexy! Curious why stainless over plastic? Most I have seen are plastic I think. Stainless is expensive and durable but seems overkill for this purpose. Any idea on the price or price range?
I've seen this in Australia a ton, just hasn't made it over here yet.