Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
So I put the trailer in as I wanted to weld some supports for an external 'dirty' box for BBQ coals, wood etc and the e ternary jerry can holder.
Also as I have changed from steel wheels (thinner) to alloy wheels (fatter) I needed the spare wheel brace extended.
I have some painting and touch up to do and the trailer is finally finished............... I hope [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
So I put the trailer in as I wanted to weld some supports for an external 'dirty' box for BBQ coals, wood etc and the e ternary jerry can holder.
Also as I have changed from steel wheels (thinner) to alloy wheels (fatter) I needed the spare wheel brace extended.
I have some painting and touch up to do and the trailer is finally finished............... I hope [emoji12]

Once painted and box / jerry can and spare wheeI mounted I will put up the finished trailer pictures if anyone is interested.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Looks sweet!
What is that purpleish thing on the rack? :P Good luck wrapping?
Haha Ron sadly not nice present wrapping. As it was getting welding done yesterday I removed the solar panels just in case. That is the connectors bagged for protection.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Ahhh now that you mention it.. it does look like one of those (ikea) ziplock bags xD same colour as well lol..
10 out of 10 Ron that is exactly what is is. I would love to see what psychologist would have to say about you recognising that [emoji14]

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
IMG_0533.JPG
Awesome looking trailer? But is the nose down?
Yes runs slightly nose down which is the correct alignment as per the manual I have for the ex military sankey trailers.
You can see it better in this picture from earlier last year before the respray etc.

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Yes runs slightly nose down which is the correct alignment as per the manual I have for the ex military sankey trailers.
You can see it better in this picture from earlier last year before the respray etc.
Interesting. Is that to keep the pintle from bouncing too much? I've yet do pull either a pintle or a ex MIL trailer, but that is the direction I am looking at going.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Interesting. Is that to keep the pintle from bouncing too much? I've yet do pull either a pintle or a ex MIL trailer, but that is the direction I am looking at going.
As I understand it's to do with the handling, where if it's level or nose up due to weight it has a bigger affect on the handling.
I try to keep the centre of balance slightly forward of the wheels. The tent us centre to rear but the 55 litre water tank is forward as are my heavier tools.
So far both on road and off road it has been fine. when I got the trailer I was concerned about the nose down attitude and bought an adjustable hitch to level it.
I have never needed to fit it so it is going up for sale.
As above how you pack your trailer is critical as a nose up attitude can result in loss if control.
Mine was tested when I met a Russian on the wrong side of the road on a blind corner. Although I had to control the braking I never list the back end or got dragged off the road by the overrun. Obviously the overrun braking helped too.

Reactions: Vyscera

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Great job. Good looking trailer. Does it have brakes? I think I see a surge brake setup.