Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Finally met another OB member here in Iowa. Not many of us on here right now. @Wildland Outdoors and I both live in the Quad Cities, Iowa, so it was easy to meet. A little bit of rig talk and thoughts on future trips was discussed. My wife played with the kids while we talked about vehicle mods, lol. Anyway, here's a pic from the first official/unofficial Iowa OB meet. Had to post a pic so we could officially be the first. lol
IMG_1453.JPG

Advocate II

Man I need to get some stickers on my jeep lol Yours make mine look so plain. Had a great day today. Glad the kids got along and look forward to future get togethers and getting some trips under our tires. Looks like a homemade air dam for the rack is in order.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nice Rigs guys! we ought to have a Overland Bound Midwest region Pow Wow near Mason City sometime this year. Me and few other members are just up Hwy 35 in the Twin Cities. Think of a good time later in the spring.. sorry for the double post. musta been a internet hiccup there.

Reactions: ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Man I need to get some stickers on my jeep lol Yours make mine look so plain. Had a great day today. Glad the kids got along and look forward to future get togethers and getting some trips under our tires. Looks like a homemade air dam for the rack is in order.
Lol, yup. Stickers are an addiction. On your GC, you have a lot more places to put them than I have.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Nice Rigs guys! we ought to have a OB member pow wow near Mason city sometime this year. me and few other guys are just up Hwy 35 in the Twin Cities.
Sounds like a plan to me. I'd love to spend some time in Minnesota. Been quite awhile since I've been up to Camp Ripley.

Reactions: NorthStar96

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Guard Man?
Yup. When I got off active duty, went into the guard for several years. Been about 15 years since I've been there. Last time I was in Minnesota was 2007. I photographed a wedding on Nicolette Island in the Twin Cities.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Haven't been to Little Falls. Is that where your from?
No, Im from St.Paul. Little Falls is just south of Ripley. theres a meat locker (Butcher Shop) there, that has the BEST bacon you ever had.
Its called Theilen Meats. http://thielenmeatslf.com/

they are online, and will ship. I usually make 2 bacon runs a year. pick up about 50 lbs a trip. not all for me of course. Friends know when I go, and put their orders in, and I make the trip. its a great way to get out of town for 5 hours, and make the rig smell like a smokehouse...lol.....

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
No, Im from St.Paul. Little Falls is just south of Ripley. theres a meat locker (Butcher Shop) there, that has the BEST bacon you ever had.
Its called Theilen Meats. http://thielenmeatslf.com/

they are online, and will ship. I usually make 2 bacon runs a year. pick up about 50 lbs a trip. not all for me of course. Friends know when I go, and put their orders in, and I make the trip. its a great way to get out of town for 5 hours, and make the rig smell like a smokehouse...lol.....
Lol. I love bacon. Might be worth it to just make a trip for that.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I think @ShawnR and I are planning on making quite a few trips together. Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana @jordanbrooks, Missouri. We were talking about going different places and possibly working on the Jeep Badge of Honor.
Definitely! We need to start planning some weekends. There's a moderate trail ride in Indiana and also one in Southern Missouri near the Arkansas border. I know we have a few people from Texas on here that might be able to make the trek. Need to get out and explore!

Advocate II

Absolutely. I will start looking into distances and travel times etc... while I'm in my last couple weeks of lay off. That way we will have some info together and can meet up to go over it and plan something.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Absolutely. I will start looking into distances and travel times etc... while I'm in my last couple weeks of lay off. That way we will have some info together and can meet up to go over it and plan something.
Sounds good. These next two weeks I'm studying my butt off so I can pass my certification test for work on the 28th. Got up yesterday and studied from 6AM to 6PM. Next couple weeks I probably won't be around much. After that, I'll have more free time to plan. lol