Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all - so it's the last days to become an owner of Overland Bound (this Friday) through our Republic campaign. The banner at the top of the page has been on the website for a while and there is plenty of info on that link, but I thought I'd just pop on and say thank you, and provide a little personal context.

Back in the day it was @Corrie an I and a few others like @Robert OB 33/48 and Kevin of @Lifestyle Overland and a few others, and we could easily support each other with a simple forum and website. We've continued to focus on community values and as the community grew (quickly) it became apparent in order to support the things they needed, we'd have to develop tools and software specific to overlanders. As needs grew, so has the need for a better platform and tools. It is time to level up.

With the help of long-time Overland Bound Member @four.wheel.travel as our CTO, or goal is to create the worlds best platform and toolset specific to the needs of overland travelers. It will seamlessly integrate the three pillars of our community (pillars defined by the community). They are: Community (first and foremost), trip and event planning, and off grid mapping and navigation. In each of these categories, we will deliver the best tools on the market. To do this requires more money than we have. Because Overland Bound was founded and built on community, it seems only right the community become co-owners with us through this campaign. Of course, our business goals are to grow the platform and its members to increase the value of the company substantially, and provide a return to those who supported us at this early stage as a software as a service company.

You will start to see badges on profiles or maybe a special patch on the trail. THANK YOU to everyone who has invested in Overland Bound so far. How you do business means everything to me - and for Overland Bound, building a community-owned platform is the best way to level up.

Over the years and through trials and tribulations I am proud to say we have adhered to our Founding Principles, doubled down on them, and will continue to do so as we grow. Glad to answer any questions about the funding round here related to OLB as a community. I'll refer business questions (due to regulations until close) to the Republic website and information.

REPUBLIC CAMPAIGN INFORMATION

IMG_0516.jpg

Last edited:

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Michael,

It was and still is an honor to met you in those early days. We had then so many talks about the community and how it should grow far beyond the borders of a normal forum.
I guess it worked out very well.
And still, it is all about the people, together learning, sharing, growing and explore.
There are now more tools, more topics, but still, all about people.
I know your idea about the community and I will always support you. Front and back.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I just made an investment through Republic, how will Overland Bound know which members have invested? I'm really glad I found this place one day looking for information on Rooftop tents after seeing one on a truck I followed on the Air Force Base I work on. I've met a lot of cool people thru here and look forward to meeting many more. I plan on attending Expo East again and hopefully this time we'll have more of an Overland Bound centric meetup as compared to what there was last year. Congrats on meeting your goals founding members, you've done a great job of expanding this community and bringing like-minded explorers together!

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
So we found ourselves sitting on the couch Friday night just before midnight catching up on you tubes, and clicked on Michaels new camping goodies video, and as the Overland Bound logo popped up, it smacked me upside the head with a big " hey you forgot to invest you procrastinator!! And yes you can grab a laptop, create a Republic account, and close the deal on some OB investment a just couple of minutes before the bell. Guess if you can't be first, you might as well be last. lol A huge thank you to Michael and Corrie for the community you have built, and looking forward to seeing what is to come.

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Hey all - so it's the last days to become an owner of Overland Bound (this Friday) through our Republic campaign. The banner at the top of the page has been on the website for a while and there is plenty of info on that link, but I thought I'd just pop on and say thank you, and provide a little personal context.

Back in the day it was @Corrie an I and a few others like @Robert OB 33/48 and Kevin of @Lifestyle Overland and a few others, and we could easily support each other with a simple forum and website. We've continued to focus on community values and as the community grew (quickly) it became apparent in order to support the things they needed, we'd have to develop tools and software specific to overlanders. As needs grew, so has the need for a better platform and tools. It is time to level up.

With the help of long-time Overland Bound Member @four.wheel.travel as our CTO, or goal is to create the worlds best platform and toolset specific to the needs of overland travelers. It will seamlessly integrate the three pillars of our community (pillars defined by the community). They are: Community (first and foremost), trip and event planning, and off grid mapping and navigation. In each of these categories, we will deliver the best tools on the market. To do this requires more money than we have. Because Overland Bound was founded and built on community, it seems only right the community become co-owners with us through this campaign. Of course, our business goals are to grow the platform and its members to increase the value of the company substantially, and provide a return to those who supported us at this early stage as a software as a service company.

You will start to see badges on profiles or maybe a special patch on the trail. THANK YOU to everyone who has invested in Overland Bound so far. How you do business means everything to me - and for Overland Bound, building a community-owned platform is the best way to level up.

Over the years and through trials and tribulations I am proud to say we have adhered to our Founding Principles, doubled down on them, and will continue to do so as we grow. Glad to answer any questions about the funding round here related to OLB as a community. I'll refer business questions (due to regulations until close) to the Republic website and information.

REPUBLIC CAMPAIGN INFORMATION

View attachment 227799
This is the first "investment" my wife and I have made personally, outside of a 401k.

We are very happy to have been a part of this company from the beginning stages.

Thank you, Michael, Corrie & Team, for the dedication and hardwork over the years to build this community.

Happy Trails to you my friends!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I just made an investment through Republic, how will Overland Bound know which members have invested? I'm really glad I found this place one day looking for information on Rooftop tents after seeing one on a truck I followed on the Air Force Base I work on. I've met a lot of cool people thru here and look forward to meeting many more. I plan on attending Expo East again and hopefully this time we'll have more of an Overland Bound centric meetup as compared to what there was last year. Congrats on meeting your goals founding members, you've done a great job of expanding this community and bringing like-minded explorers together!
Thank you!

Soon you will receive and email and form to provide the required information. That will allow us to award upgrades and other perks. Keep an eye out!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
To EVERYONE who showed their support by investing - THANK YOU! To everyone else - you support us every day by participating in this community - Overland Bound is the community so thank you too!

We continue to create new ways of connecting though our app and website, and we have many exciting features in the works. Our goal is to improve lives one adventure at a time by providing everything you need to connect, plan, and go! Your contributions, including feedback, allows us to do this faster.

Thank again!

For our roadmap and to suggest features visit: Community Feature Priority for Overland Bound One

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I am still waiting for my perks? When do you plan on implementing them?
Hello! We are working through the final list now. You definitely should have already got the perks here on the platform, but we had an issue with the list, and some were missed. We’re fixing that now. Physical perks are being processed this week. Thank you for your patience!

DavidL

Rank IV
Mod Team

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
L
Member #

I am still waiting for my perks? When do you plan on implementing them?
Hi, Lou! This is Dave with Member Support. I have completed the activation of your Investor Perks. Please log into the app to verify, when you get a moment. Thank you for your support!

Reactions: El-Dracho

Lupus_ravus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bornem, Antwerp, Belgium
First Name
Yjan
Last Name
Van Dijck
Member #

Hi, Lou! This is Dave with Member Support. I have completed the activation of your Investor Perks. Please log into the app to verify, when you get a moment. Thank you for your support!
Hi David
I have the same question, already talked to El-Dracho about it,
thank you for working on it, I send the Perks form again yesterday

grts
Lupus_ravus
Yjan

Reactions: El-Dracho

Silvanus27

Rank IV
Launch Member
Investor

Enthusiast III

Swanton, Franklin County, Vermont, United States
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Micheli
Member #

Grazie Tutti!

I didn’t want to be a giver that wishes to receive!

I did it reason being, that I wanted to help the community, to help it blossom!

Perks were mentioned, so I was just wondering??!!

Milli amorè tutti Ameci!!

Carlo

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Grazie Tutti!

I didn’t want to be a giver that wishes to receive!

I did it reason being, that I wanted to help the community, to help it blossom!

Perks were mentioned, so I was just wondering??!!

Milli amorè tutti Ameci!!

Carlo
Send an email to support@overlandbound.com subject Investment.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all - We have the patches! We held our ground on patch quality, which has been the gating factor for sending out the physical perks. All digital perks have been awarded so please let me know in a DM (PM) if you have any questions about digital perks.

IMG_3191.jpeg