Launch Member

Contributor II

Cottonwood Heights, UT
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Just before Thanksgiving this past fall, we took the Cruiser out to the Outerbanks, NC and stayed in a beach house that was only accessible by beach with a 4wd vehicle. It was pretty awesome. Had wild horses running around everywhere as well!

IMG_5397.JPG

Got some cool Overlanding gifts for Christmas. First, my "I am Jake" shirt. Check him out on youtube if you get the chance.

IMG_5574.JPG

And...prob my best Christmas gift, and most important upgrade to the Cruiser...my Overland Bound emblem.

IMG_5578.jpg
IMG_5579.jpg

We had a pretty good snow fall in January. Took the time to snap a few pictures.

IMG_5791.jpg
IMG_5793.jpg

-JCruise

JCruise

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cottonwood Heights, UT
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Baker
Member #

The most recent project I tackled was re-doing the fender flares. Michael's video on Youtube was quite helpful in my rebuild: https://www.overlandbound.com/fender-flare-repair-supplies/

The previous owner had removed the rear fender flares as one of the ends had broken off. I had to figure out a way to reattach the flares as well as source all of the mounting hardware. Took a bit a looking around, and purchase of a rivet gun at harbor freight, but I eventually got the flares installed. I decided to spray them with black bed-liner as I figured they would likely get scraped up fairly quick.

IMG_4889.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

IMG_5747.JPG

IMG_5899.JPG
IMG_5901.JPG

-JCruise

The next upgrade, was installing carpet. The previous owner had removed the carpet and sprayed down bedliner. Wanting comfort over function we decided to reinstall the carpet. Below you'll see before and after pictures with the seats removed. I forgot to take a picture of this step, but prior to putting down the carpet we lined the whole floorboard with Noico 80 mil sound deadening mat. Made a huge difference with road noise, and has seemed to help keep some of the engine heat out as well.

View attachment 49078
Brother- and father-in-law helping me out with the install.

View attachment 49079
(I'm curious if anyone could post a pic of the factory carpet install. I'm wondering how Toyota hid this seam (see above) between the front and rear pieces of carpet. Maybe the original carpet was all one piece? Or maybe there's a plastic trim piece that I'm missing? The seam is not as noticeable once the seats are in as you can see in the next picture.)

With the seats back in.

View attachment 49080

Feels like a brand new car!

-JCruise
Carpet looks nice! Where did you get it from?

1uz4runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Williamston Nc
Member #

It was really cool running into you as well. I saw the cruiser and committed that it was nice and my buddy pointed out the badge so we had to turn around to see if it was and sure enough. Me and my friend are planning a trip to Ports mouth island overnight "daddy daughter trip" on the 29th and returning on the 30th if you and your family would like to join yall are more than welcome.

Reactions: JCruise