Heber City, Utah
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Larson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ATX
Hey, so as you can see in the pictures I posted they've been through some rocky roads, the LT tires in E rating are 3 ply. That is what the website states for my tire size.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
I saw the pictures you posted, that trail is much wider and has smoother rocks than I just encountered. We ended up, after the point of no return, on a trail the width of a side by side. It didn't give me much, if any, room to avoid nastiness. As a bonus I got a crap ton of new pinstripes! I was only aired down to 25psi given I only have 7" of sidewall, but one still got me. I haven't been able to find that info on Falken's website. The previously mentioned review claimed a 2 ply E-rating, but a max load of 3,195. My size (265/70/18) has a listed max load of 3,525 so it may have a 3rd ply? They have pretty much every other aspect of the tire mentioned, but not sidewall plies that I could find. I guess if I buy at Discount Tire and get the certificates it does't really matter, as long as I can get to pavement. They seem like a winner for the double duty daily driver.

CUCVDRIVER

Rank 0

Contributor II

Got my Wildpeak AT3W's put on last week! Man these look great... No off road test yet. But handle great in the heavy rain last week.
I went from 30x10.5x15 BFG AT2'S to 32x11.5x15 AT3W's . So happy with these tires!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I've been eyeballing these for a while and checking out media reviews but its great to see how everyone here feels about them. Now I'm settled on them and think they'll be great on the wagon.

Contributor I

I've had them (need a tire rotation) for 12,000 miles now. I used to have a set of Toyo Open Country A/T's and I honestly like how these have sounded on the road. A bit more quiet than my old Toyo's at the same 315/75/R16 size. If I roll my windows up, you do hear a slight tire hum, but nothing that will drive you crazy. My ladder rack and ladders will do that. If my windows are down, then all you hear are my ladders howling and my exhaust being pissed off. (Diesel with straight pipe exhaust...) I've honestly been very happy with them, again, need a rotation (I'm lazy) and still need to do some dirt antics with them but one of the guys at Tucker Tires raved about them. 1533587646370~3.jpeg

toolsforwar

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Point Pleasant, NJ
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Perkins
Member #

I've had mine for over a year now. 33x11.50r15 I got them off tirebuyer for 147 each! So far I love them. Great in the sand and really good in the snow. 20180731_182243.jpeg

Reactions: HAT608

4wdAdventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Thanks for the link.
From the article: Construction of the tread comprises of six plies: two steel, two polyester, and two polyamide. Sidewalls are two ply polyester. Our test set sports an E load range with a maximum load rating of 3,195 pounds at 65 psi.

Tread sounds good, but I’m none too sure about the a 2-ply sidewall if the going turns rocky.
Re read the details... 2 ply sidewall that wraps under the bead cord and back up the side wall ending just under the aggressive sidewall features. 2 plys doubled equals 4 total ply layers overlapped

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Have had them (265/75/16) for 1200 miles now and like them. Really looking forward to this winter. With all the rain we have had they have seen a lot of mud and in 2wd ( need a new front driveshaft) they leave a bit to be desired but they are AT tires so it is to be expected but I imagine I will be more happy when 4wd is operational.
IMG_20190521_170923.jpg

AAONMS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fruit Cove, FL
Member #

Went with the mud terrains (MT01) instead in 295/70R17 on 8.5” wheels
Currently have just shy on 1000 miles on the set. The tires balanced with minimal weight for a tire in this size and are very quiet at this stage.
One road trip of ~300 miles to go wheeling. They performed very well in mud and on the limestone that passes for rocks in Florida. The MT01 deserves serious consideration if you are on the fence between the AT3W and a mud terrain.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

So far so good with my 285/70/17s. I had the P-metric versions for 10k miles or something and then switched to the Load range E versions which are slightly taller at a true 33" and 8.5lbs heavier each.

They haven't let me down on wet roads (excellent), snow (pretty good) or rocky trails. I don't do a lot of mud driving but I haven't gotten stuck in puddles due to traction yet. Deep ruts are another story. :)

Mirror Gulch, Metal Masher in Moab

They handle great aired down

I had a lot of fun snowwheeling with them this winter.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

MetalMatt1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lexington, OK, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Linthicum
Member #

I've been running them for about 5k miles now and love them. Previously I had ran several very aggressive tires that had miserable on road manners. I expected a big trade off for road comfort but was pleasantly surprised how well they did off road. The only place I noticed a big difference was in deep muddy clay, but since I rarely run into that it's a non-issue.

Reactions: JCWages

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Been running mine for about 25k miles in all sorts of "mild" terrain and no complaints. Will probably get them again.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I've put about 6k miles on them in the 2-3 months I've owned them. Much better than the previous AT's I ran. Went with these over the popular competitors mainly based on a few of my buddies raving about them. The price and tech specs are also desired. These have seen all sorts of terrain minus snow. Zero issues with them aside from the normal clicking of rocks stuck in the tread and the fact that I didn't pick them up sooner.

GC_OXW.jpg

ffcutjob

Rank 0

Contributor I

VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Davis
IMG_0003.JPG20K miles in, I have used these under normal conditions, off road with rocks, stair steps, mud 2/3 of the tire deep (265/75/16), snow, rain, aired down and at normal pressure on and off road and they perform flawlessly. I couldn’t give a higher rating of these tires. I would buy 1000 times over, and they’re the best bang for the buck. Also, I have the P Metric 4 ply tire and they ride amazing handle amazing on and off road. I had 10 ply before this set and I’ll never put those on a Tacoma again, it’s way too much tire and rides WAYYYYY too rough, these 4 ply are absolutely perfect.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
View attachment 10638220K miles in, I have used these under normal conditions, off road with rocks, stair steps, mud 2/3 of the tire deep (265/75/16), snow, rain, aired down and at normal pressure on and off road and they perform flawlessly. I couldn’t give a higher rating of these tires. I would buy 1000 times over, and they’re the best bang for the buck. Also, I have the P Metric 4 ply tire and they ride amazing handle amazing on and off road. I had 10 ply before this set and I’ll never put those on a Tacoma again, it’s way too much tire and rides WAYYYYY too rough, these 4 ply are absolutely perfect.
Would you believe me if I said my 10plys ride better than the 5ply competitors I had previously?

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Would you believe me if I said my 10plys ride better than the 5ply competitors I had previously?
I've had the P-metric and LT-E versions of this tire and the Ps are definitely softer but the Es are not bad at all as long as you have the pressure set appropriately for your rig. In my case with a mid-size truck (5,200lbs) I keep them under 40psi or else the ride quality turns to complete hell! At 50psi the truck literally starts vibrating/rattling such that it sounds like parts will begin falling off.

ZigsRig

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Colorado
Felt compelled to post a photo of one of my rigs with the ATW3’s that I love on it. Killed several sets of KO2’s before trying these out. I love them on the power wagon.

IMG_6616.JPG