Falken Wildpeak AT3W's

• HTML tutorial

ElGuapo

Rank III

Advocate II

So I finally got around to replacing the tires on my rig, it's is my daily driver so I looked for tires that had good wear life but also have an aggressive tread pattern. After looking at quite a few tires I ended up going with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's they have a 55k mile warranty and aggressive tread.
So far I have put about 600miles on them all on the highway, they are pretty quite on the road just a slight humm at freeway speeds, nothing that I can't live with. I will continue to update this review as I put more miles and put them through some trails!

Andy G

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

Just put 265/75R16's on my Trooper and absolutely LOVE this tire.

We've been getting hammered with snow the past few weeks, and I was eager to replace the mostly bald tires on the Trooper.

I was impressed by the Wildpeaks immediately upon driving out the tire store parking lot. Simply EXCELLENT traction in the snow. For anyone that doesn't know, the Wildpeak's have the "severe service winter tire" designation. That's HUGE for those of us living in snow-land. I'm super impressed by the tires, and can't wait to try them out on the trails once Old Man Winter disappears!

One more thing to note...I've not once had to put my rig into 4wd since mounting these tires. They're THAT good in the snow.

Reactions: NOMAD5326

AAONMS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fruit Cove, FL
Member #

I have friends with a fairly heavily modified Jeep YJ who always ran All Terrains. Most everyone else was on aggressive rock/mud tires. When I asked why they chose a less aggressive tire, their explanation made excellent sense: Less aggressive tread equals less traction. They figured that they would lose traction at the tire before snapping U-joints or breaking hubs. Sure, they may pull a winch cable just a bit more often than the majority of folks; however, in the 10+ years of wheeling with them, I can’t ever recall them being sidelined by failed driveline parts.

It is encouraging to see the comments on these tires; I’ll keep them in mind for future consideration.

NOMAD5326

Rank II

Enthusiast II

fullsizeoutput_68f.jpeg I got 80k out of my last Wildpeak AT's and just replaced with this new AT3w. Tires rode on my Tundra as a daily driver and throughout Baja, PNW, Arizona, Utah and cross country. They have taken me through rain, snow, ice, mud, rock and sand and they rock. I love this tire and its capabilities!

Last edited:

Kies

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Carterville, Illinois
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Kiesling
Member #

Recently put AT3Ws on my Jeep JK, have been very impressed by the ride and handling.

AAONMS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fruit Cove, FL
Member #

After looking at several Sites, including Falken’s own (http://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeak/t3w-tire), I haven’t been able to find information on the number of plies for both the tread as well as the sidewall.
The listed weight seems a bit lighter than I’d expect so am concerned that they may not be as resistant to puncture or sidewall damage as I’d like.
Hoping someone has a link listing the info on the plies or can look at a tire and post the information.

ElGuapo

Rank III

Advocate II

If I recall the LT size tires in load E rating is a 10 ply tire and the p metrics are a 4 or 6 ply. I can look at my tires in the morning and tell you how many ply the tread and side walls are.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Ol Red

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm currently running the AT3W tires on my tundra. They have seen all terrain and weather and I have nothing bad to say at all. this is my daily driver as well.

Jason Mainville

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Labor day I put a set of these on my XJ. So far only got about 3000-4000 miles but I love them so far. Great quiet driving on paved roads, including freeway. I am also happy with the off road capabilities, although I have not pushed them super hard in that area yet, and I have not encountered alot of wet weather, so I cannot speak to that as of yet.

AAONMS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fruit Cove, FL
Member #

Check this out http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/wheels-tires/1512-testing-the-new-falken-wildpeak-at3w-crossover-tire/

The article discusses the construction of the tire in the review.
Thanks for the link.
From the article: Construction of the tread comprises of six plies: two steel, two polyester, and two polyamide. Sidewalls are two ply polyester. Our test set sports an E load range with a maximum load rating of 3,195 pounds at 65 psi.

Tread sounds good, but I’m none too sure about the a 2-ply sidewall if the going turns rocky.

ElGuapo

Rank III

Advocate II

Finally got to try them out on something other than pavement lol. They did great in the rocks and even better in the snow, my rig was the only one not to get stuck in the cold stuff. I can not say enough good things about the way they handled in the snow, it snowed more than any of us had anticipated and it got a bit worrisome that trip lol. IMG952018021895133356.jpg20180218_152645.jpg20180218_152712.jpgIMG952018021895125414.jpg

tbcota25

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minoa, NY
Member #

These tires were on my Jeep when I bought it this past September. Since I have had them they had seem some pretty nasty mud and what seemed to be endless snow storms (central NY snow storms)! These tires are awesome and very affordable, I would definitely recommend them as a great daily driver/very capable off road tire.

Attachments

m_lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Heber City, Utah
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Larson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ATX
I'm reviving a bit on an old thread here, but... Anyone care to comment on how these have held up in the rocks? I need to get a new set of shoes for my LR3. I'm stuck with 18" rims and live in Utah. I just shredded one of my Duratrac's (LT275/65/18) AND the spare which turned into a ride on the flatbed home. Every seemingly mild mannered gravel road I travel here turns into a minefield of sharp rocks. There seems to be conflicting info out there wether the E rated tire is 2 or 3-ply sidewall. Everyone seems to give glowing reviews on the tire and they're certainly a steal at the price.

ElGuapo

Rank III

Advocate II

I'm reviving a bit on an old thread here, but... Anyone care to comment on how these have held up in the rocks? I need to get a new set of shoes for my LR3. I'm stuck with 18" rims and live in Utah. I just shredded one of my Duratrac's (LT275/65/18) AND the spare which turned into a ride on the flatbed home. Every seemingly mild mannered gravel road I travel here turns into a minefield of sharp rocks. There seems to be conflicting info out there wether the E rated tire is 2 or 3-ply sidewall. Everyone seems to give glowing reviews on the tire and they're certainly a steal at the price.
Hey, so as you can see in the pictures I posted they've been through some rocky roads, the LT tires in E rating are 3 ply. That is what the website states for my tire size.