Falken AT3W

• HTML tutorial

Irving Zisman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Yucaipa, CA
Member #

The Falkens are great tires. I had a set on my FJ and absolutely loved them. Sadly though, I flattened 2 of them (sidewall damage) on one off road trip through the desert. I had to borrow a buddies spare off his FJ to get me into the nearest town, and that town had no Falkens at any of the tire stores. They all wanted at least $300 each for some off brand tires. I ended up getting a set of KO2's from Sam's Club for $1200.

I still have 3 Falkens sitting in my garage that have less than 5000 miles on them, so when these KO2's wear out, I am only going to have to buy 2 Falkens to complete the set. The KO2's are nice, just too damned expensive.

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Good to know, I just put a set on my Jeep. I always had good luck with BFG until the last set on my work vehicle. They are K02 and they shake even after balancing twice. My work van is a Ford E350 with 4wd conversion. So the fleet mechanics are blaming it on the conversion. I tell them it rode fine for the first 70,000 mile.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

CavGeek

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ. 85027
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Reiner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6ZWC
Service Branch
U.S.Army
Just put a set of 265/75R16's on my truck, they are under a week old but so far they have been fine, Road noise is not noticeable at all in the cab. I will have to get them out in the desert and test them, but I'm stuck on "easy" trails until I can get real sliders on my truck, don't want to risk messing the truck up seriously with the factory steps and I have a family member who needs the step to get in/out so I can't just pull them until the I get the rock rails.

toolsforwar

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Point Pleasant, NJ
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Perkins
Member #

I've had my falkens for almost exactly 1 year from today and they've been amazing. I came from a set of dry rotten bfg ats. We've had tons of snow and crap weather up here in the northeast. Back in january we picked up 22" of snow and they were unstoppable (mixed with a great 4wd system in the montero).

Reactions: CavGeek