Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I think this is posted in the right spot.
So I got a set of these after I had nothing but trouble with some St Maxx. I had been fighting with the Coopers for weeks trying everything to get my truck to drive straight after they were mounted. Needless to say I was super bummed I need to buy another set of tires in the same month. These Falkens were on my radar and the price was great. I think it was around $140 per tire in 265/70/17. Things I like about them, very quite for a pretty aggressive AT. Wet weather traction is excellent. I live in Seattle, it's been raining for 2 months straight. They have been on several fire roads and a few easy off-road trails, with zero complaints. It's snowing in the mountains and I hope to get out and test the snow traction soon but my second son will be showing up any day now. Stay tuned and I will update in the future. IMG_1083.JPG IMG_1073.JPG

E

expeditionnorth

nice open tread design, you ought to have fun with them

goleee33

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tustin, CA
Member #

Ive been running these for about 7-8K miles with nothing but great things to say about them! Enjoy!

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

Same thing happened when I mounted the KO2s, driving really crooked and attempted two times to get it aligned, I switched to Cooper STT Pros and it resolved my issue........strange!

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

So it snowed here in Seattle last week? Maybe 2 weeks ago? The sleep deprived haze of having a newborn! Anyways we got about 3" overnight so I got out and played a little. My overall first impression of these tires in the snow is.....

They rock! They cleared well and kept great traction. Need more snow and more time to really get into them. In typical Seattle fashion there wasn't a trace of snow 24 hours later. Stay tuned.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Same thing happened when I mounted the KO2s, driving really crooked and attempted two times to get it aligned, I switched to Cooper STT Pros and it resolved my issue........strange!
I new it was a possibility going into it. There is a bunch of guys on tacomaworld that had the same issue. I still have the stock upper control arms on my truck, but supposedly it can be compensated out, I just wasn't in the mood to gamble anymore. I sold the Coopers to my brother and he put them on his Ram 1500 with zero issues.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

So I'm about 3000 miles into these tires. I the only regret is not getting a larger size. They have seen mud, snow, dirt and rocks and performed awesome. I really want a bigger size so I ordered 285/70/17 last week. They will show up on tuesday.

Reactions: ASNOBODY

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

I have heard nothing but excellent things about these tires, especially for the price.

jasonjlamb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrence, KS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lamb
Member #

I put these on my Jeep WK2 on Dec. 23 and absolutely love them. I've driven about 7000 mi. and in all conditions with different loads. The perfect tire for me: 1) great on and off road; 2) great in the snow on and off; and 3) great in the rain on and off road. I've even had it in the nastiest, stickiest muddy quagmire, where the all the previous tracks were tractors. I got through a mile and a half of that without getting stuck.

If I weren't afraid of being accused of overland blasphemy, I'd say the're as good as KO2s for $60 less per tire. (Let the flaming begin!)

Reactions: 20DYNAMITE07

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I put these on my Jeep WK2 on Dec. 23 and absolutely love them. I've driven about 7000 mi. and in all conditions with different loads. The perfect tire for me: 1) great on and off road; 2) great in the snow on and off; and 3) great in the rain on and off road. I've even had it in the nastiest, stickiest muddy quagmire, where the all the previous tracks were tractors. I got through a mile and a half of that without getting stuck.

If I weren't afraid of being accused of overland blasphemy, I'd say the're as good as KO2s for $60 less per tire. (Let the flaming begin!)
I was a life long BFG guy. Every 4x4 I've ever owned ended up with bfg's. They are just getting to expensive, still a great tire just spendy. I feel like Cooper is heading that way as well. The real test for these AT3W's will be longevity. If they have to be replace to early then the price won't be as nice.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I am for sure. I guess the question would be do you need a mud terrain? There are lots of great tires around, it really just boils down to price.

Reactions: TnK1

FredBull

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Olympia WA
Member #

Im glad you are having a good experience with them. I also had a set of AT3's on my truck. I loved them in heavy rain, snow, and dirt. They were quiet and looked amazing. The only problem I had with them was while they would balance, but I had a bad shake in a couple of them. No matter where I moved them on the truck, it was still there. Come to find out there was a problem with them being out of round. I discovered that this was the main complaint with them. Not sure if it was a bad batch or what. Doesn't seem like you have that problem, which makes it much more enjoyable.

The price on them is great, and I would probably buy another set for the Commander, but I don't want to risk getting a bad one again. Been looking at the Grabber AT2.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

No problems for me. I moved up to a 285 in February and have about 6k miles on them. I still think they are excellent tires.