Fabrication/Welding Shop in greater SF Bay Area?

• HTML tutorial

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Mods, was not sure where to ask this so please move if required.

Looking for a shop that can help me modify a winch mount for an ARB bumper I just installed. Prefer the peninsula but willing to go to the south or east bay.

A not so common mod for 2000-2006 Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon owners is to modify an ARB bumper that was meant for a 100 Series Land Cruiser. Unfortunately I don't have the metal fabricating and welding skills to finish off my bumper install.

I've already mounted the bumper. The bumper came with an assembly that essentially connects the bumper to the vehicle. That assembly also has a mounting plate for a winch. I need someone who can modify it or come up with an all new way to mount my winch.

I've attached a pic of the bumper/winch mount assembly that would potentially be used. I was thinking we chop off the sides and weld it to the frame brackets.

arb_winch_mount_i-bH2CMdX-M.jpg20210329_184948.jpg20210327_160137.jpg

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
Mike at Shaffers is a member of Overland Bound. Located in Alameda in the shipyard. 4wheel Drive Shop | Alameda California | Shaffer's Offroad
He is really busy, and heading to Baja very soon until early May. But call and talk to him. He has put suspension and bumpers with winch onto my 4Runner, and I am very happy with everything. He does do fabrication work, but I can't speak to your issue - you would have to talk to Mike, or his office manager Annie.

Reactions: Jelorian

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Mike at Shaffers is a member of Overland Bound. Located in Alameda in the shipyard. 4wheel Drive Shop | Alameda California | Shaffer's Offroad
He is really busy, and heading to Baja very soon until early May. But call and talk to him. He has put suspension and bumpers with winch onto my 4Runner, and I am very happy with everything. He does do fabrication work, but I can't speak to your issue - you would have to talk to Mike, or his office manager Annie.
Thanks. I will try and reach out to him.

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Daren at Arc-Tec in Santa Cruz, 831.459.9944. That said, he doesn't answer his phone. Great welder and fab guy and reasonable charges. Pester him on the phone and leave messages. Or just drive down, he is on the North side of town just off Mission St. Take a note to tape to his door incase he is out on a call.

Reactions: Jelorian