First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Closs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
USSR
Hello!

Just curious what you guys think. I have a 2018 F150 and I want to upgrade the shocks and struts…. I know FOX is really good quality (and pricy lol) but I’ve seen other companies like Rough Country and Ranchos. Do you guys have any reviews you could give me on mentioned above companies or maybe even companies I don’t know about? Thank you!

Reactions: TimChap

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I am running Fox and love them. Look up single and double tube shocks and learn the difference. I swapped out a set of Ranchos after 2 months many years ago. Look at Icon andKing too.
If you can get then tuned also.

Reactions: WannaBeOffRoader

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I'm running standard Fox2.0 shocks. They're good enough on my F250.

On a F150 I'd go with 2.5" King Coilovers.

I'd add a compression shim and remove a rebound shim on the fronts.

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
I would definitely avoid rancho and the like....

THere are some really great expensive setups out their like fox and king. That being said, i'm running bilstein 6112/5160's and love it. The price point is good, the performance is great. The only downside is they are not rebuildable, but for the pricing who really cares. Does anyone actually put their truck on jacks for a few weeks while getting struts rebuilt?

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Rancho and lift-branded shocks are typically not the best quality and low on the performance spectrum. An excellent shock for someone not needing or wanting a rebuildable, tunable shock but still performs well is Bilstein. And I wouldn't bother paying more for the race type 2.0 emulsion shocks, either. If you want Fox, King, Icon step up to the 2.5 or larger.