• HTML tutorial

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Crisis averted. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Back to ship shape.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

This also happened on the trail. All in all it was a pretty taxing and tiresome trip. Still better than being at work though, lol.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I finally own a truck worthy on building. :0) I have a perma-smile.

Reactions: Truckerbizz

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I took Pictures of my F150 "Sport Trac", lol. :jester:

Listing just the things you can visually see in the pictures:
35's General Grabber AT2,
American Racing Wheels 17x8.5 with '0 Offset,
No Lift but Leveled,
7700/2200lb leaf springs,
05 Expedition Roof rack,
Magnaflow Tips,
Harley Heads

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

HDR on the camera phone does wonders on my destroyed paint. lol Heck, the first day I got the truck I kissed a 6 foot picker bush but because the windows were up and I couldn't hear the scraping. :0)

I rinse off my truck every morning but I don't wash it very often. Mostly when we come back after a long weekender trip.

But, I am at that impossible moment when my wheels are so new that I worry about them. I wouldn't have even bought them if the stock wheels fit 35's. I'll feel a little easier after I get my first big scratches and I can just paint them.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I ordered my bigger brakes today. :0) This will really help when I'm going down the mountains and especially when I'm Towing!

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

16427 said:
F250 7700 rear springs. Stock rear springs for the Supercrew is soft for an SUV like ride and rated at 1,418 pounds but with all the gear we carry I needed something more. F250/7700 springs are rated @ 2200 pounds. I’m still in the middle the install.

New Shackles as well.

Poly Bushing are on the back burner until I feel home much NVH was increased with the new springs but I have them on standby.
16869 said:
I finally finished the heavy Leaf spring install today. They should settle a little bit over the next few weeks but when I loaded the truck down tonight it leveled out perfectly. I can’t wait till the RestoModding is over so I can get down to business. After the new tires and trans cooler, I’m going to move on to something fun. The roof rack. :0)
Do the 7700 springs just bolt right in? How's the ride with them?

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Yes, they are a direct fit. The truck sits .5-1." higher in the rear than it did before. Most of that is from the addition of the extra leaf in the pack though. I predict it will settle eventually as all springs do but I like where it sits now.

If someone were to do this mod and didn't like that slight rake, they could always find a shorter lift block. The stock liftblock/bumpstop is about 3" so that's more than enough to level it back out.

I also imagine some trucks will be sitting at different higher or lower ride heights to.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

These little guys showed up today!  Brembo Rotors will e here Monday.  MOAR Stopping POWA!

Larger, dual steel piston calipers.

Reactions: Mad Garden Gnome

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

"The Dishes are done man."

Expedition Calipers & Rotors are done and are MUCH better.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

The rotors are the same diameter but they're 5mm's thicker.   The pads are much bigger which give it about 1.5 inches of more surface contact.  The caliper pistons are also bigger.  :0)

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

A few days ago while I was making quick work of a few BLM roads heading towards the Appalachians, my steering column started smoking. Something burned up so I needed to replace the blinker switch. Nothing too serious and it was a quick fix but genuine Ford parts sure do fetch a premium, lol.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

While installing my body lift, I decided to put in a new Dual core Radiator while I had my old one out. I have no idea what ford was thinking putting a single core radiator in a tow package Supercrew F150.

Middle of the body lift install.

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I finally finished the heavy Leaf spring install today. They should settle a little bit over the next few weeks but when I loaded the truck down tonight it leveled out perfectly.

I can't wait till the RestoModding is over so I can get down to business.

After the new tires and trans cooler, I'm going to move on to something fun. The roof rack. :0)

What size tires are you running in this picture? Where are the t bars at?

Reactions: Wolvee

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Factory 31" 265/something/17's

Torsion bars are still there, you just can't see them because the factory location of them is above/behind the frame rail. If I had a suspension lift, there would be a large bracket that repositioned and leveled the Torsion bar.

That's actually one of the things I don't like about T-bar & suspension lift systems is while they give you extra lift, they expose the T-bar and give you a nice chunk of metal to get hung up on.

Here is the latest progression. I put a body lift on so I could fit the side steps on, without losing ground clearance and not the family can get in and out of the truck much easier.

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Oh, Gotcha. 24.25" is where I have them. That's the max I can go without causing undue stress on the CV's. The rear is still higher than the front by about an inch.