• HTML tutorial

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

I REALLY am liking my rotopax. I've used them a grand total of 2 times now... the other times the fuel wasn't required but simply having them enabled me to utilize the full capacity of my tank with no worries.
I used them this past trip and they are sure nice to handle. The no-pour spout worked great. You turn the collar on the spout, lift it up, maneuver it into position, and press it into the hole which then opens it up.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I plan on getting the AEV fuel caddy for fuel storage, got to love the aftermarket for Jeeps! It sits nicely behind the spare tire and holds 10 gallons.

Reactions: 2dub and Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I plan on getting the AEV fuel caddy for fuel storage, got to love the aftermarket for Jeeps! It sits nicely behind the spare tire and holds 10 gallons.

That's pretty cool! I've also seen another version that hold about 12gls of fuel. It's called Titan fuel tank, here is the pic.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

That's pretty cool! I've also seen another version that hold about 12gls of fuel. It's called Titan fuel tank, here is the pic.

Also a good option, the AEV model requires use of their AEV swing carrier I believe. I'm not sure about the Titan. The only downside about this is that you pretty much loose your visibility in the rear without a backup camera.

I love the Rotopax other people are using too.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Also a good option, the AEV model requires use of their AEV swing carrier I believe. I'm not sure about the Titan. The only downside about this is that you pretty much loose your visibility in the rear without a backup camera.

I love the Rotopax other people are using too.
That's true on both about loosing visibility! I'm also looking at the Rotopaxs or the 5 gl Jerry cans as I will be mounting them on the off-road trailer that I have plans to build.

Adam S.

Rank 0

Traveler I

Union Beach, NJ
Member #

I currently run two of the 4g Rotopax. I use them mainly as extended range on trips, instead of getting gas out where it's more expensive it lets me too off and get closer to home.

I'd love to get two more of the 4g pax on board. Thinking of using the spare tire area underneath to mount two more.

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I currently run two of the 4g Rotopax. I use them mainly as extended range on trips, instead of getting gas out where it's more expensive it lets me too off and get closer to home.

I'd love to get two more of the 4g pax on board. Thinking of using the spare tire area underneath to mount two more.

Nice! Adam. I just ordered the Tera flex high lift mount bracket and the lox Rotopax for the 2-3 gallon Rotopax to mount to the high lift jack on the rear tail gate. Just waiting for it to show up so I can mount them already. lol.

It will look something like this.

Alaskanranger

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Juneau alaska
Member #

I run long trips through Canada with my ranger that likes the gas due to many engine mods to help with the poor power output of the ford 2.8l engine( currently doing an engine swap to a fuel injected 2.9l). so to overcome this massive amount of fuel it likes to consume I have two fuel tanks. one 14 gal tank under the truck protected by a 7/16in skid plate and another 18 gal boat fuel tank in my bed that is plumbed into my fuel line via a directional ball valve. so with this combination I can carry 32gal of gas. I have built my storage in my bed around the tank.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Here's what the rear of the Jeep looks like now. I removed the Tera Flex mount and got the Rotopax mount instead with two 3 gallon tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

i use the roof. load up to three 10L red cans up there. lots of dust up there, and also the extra weight up high, and occasional clearance issues , so they get drained pretty quick. usually mostly empty by the end of day 1. id love some rotopax but not in my budget right now.

Wayfarer

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Westcliffe, CO, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AE0AO
Here's what the rear of the Jeep looks like now. I removed the Tera Flex mount and got the Rotopax mount instead with two 3 gallon tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Jose,

Are you using the Rotopax Jeep mount combined with their universal mount or is that something else? Looks good... been wanting to do something similar myself. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I use a 2 gal Scepter Ameri-Can gas can. It is air tight and leak proof. This is a nice feature since I generally store it empty (well, as empty as it will get) and have never had any issues with a smell. Never leaked when I had it full inside the vehicle and no smell either. I generally carry it on my roof rack when full. I have yet to see a need for anything larger than what I currently have, but I like the design, so I may look into the 5 gal option if needed.