Expedition/Off Road Trailer Rentals???

• HTML tutorial

boz4455

Rank 0

Traveler I

I have searched here and on the net. I was wondering if there are places where I could rent a Expedition/ Off Road Trailer. Need to make sure that it is something that I would do a good a bit. I have found a few places but since I'm a newbie and trying make sure that this is something that I would enjoy along with my wife and 2 teenage children. I would like to take a vacation to see if this would work for us. I know that I would love to go back out to Utah (Beautiful place), only have been for work so didn't get to do much exploring just driving through Salt lake and up through Ogden area and out to Park City.

Any help that anyone would be able to provide about places that you have used/been or know people that have used would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure I decide on the right things and not what I think I want in my head (impulse shopper) wife doesn't like that very much.

Reactions: Steve

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Your best bet would probably be Craigslist for renting a more off road style trailer. If you are in the military you can rent the A frame trailers at a descent price. My wife and I did that when we traveled up to Mt. Rushmore and back a couple of years ago.

Fatguyinalittlejeep

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Avondale, AZ
Member #

I have searched here and on the net. I was wondering if there are places where I could rent a Expedition/ Off Road Trailer. Need to make sure that it is something that I would do a good a bit. I have found a few places but since I'm a newbie and trying make sure that this is something that I would enjoy along with my wife and 2 teenage children. I would like to take a vacation to see if this would work for us. I know that I would love to go back out to Utah (Beautiful place), only have been for work so didn't get to do much exploring just driving through Salt lake and up through Ogden area and out to Park City.

Any help that anyone would be able to provide about places that you have used/been or know people that have used would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure I decide on the right things and not what I think I want in my head (impulse shopper) wife doesn't like that very much.
Check out Turtleback Trailers. They rent their trailers out of Phoenix and Salt Lake City. I did the same thing with my family last weekend to see how we would all do. It was a success.

We rented our from their Phoenix location. Extremely friendly and helpful folks at Turtleback.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: 1Louder and boz4455

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
While I am biased towards Turtleback, I own one, you can also check out Off The Grid rentals. They offer a teardrop. It just depends on where you are located.

Renting a Turtleback is a great way to check things out. Look for their big booth at the Overland Expo West.

Reactions: boz4455

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I think Justin @Anchor Mtn rents some of his trailers, they're on the smaller side compared to turtle back but that's why they appeal to me.
He's in Fruita, CO. You didn't say what location you wanted to rent out of.

Link to rental --> LINK

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

ColoradoRick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Central Coast CA
Member #

I saw another one.
www.RENTOFFTHEGRID.com

They are in a few locations, it looks interesting if you need to have another option.
--
Rick