Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sycamore, SC
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Allen
Member #

For you guys thinking about replacing injectors at 250k. I have over 435k on mine I run a 75 hp tune for towing. I just pulled a 30 foot center console boat 400 miles with no issues. I would have injectors check before I replaced them. I put AGM batteries in it and that helped starting tremendously since they drop off less in the cold. Protect your wiring harness on the 99 to 2002 trucks they cannot be purchased new and most salvage yards destroy them I tore mine up in a water crossing and it took a year to find a new 4wheel drive harness.

OneGreenMachine

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Coweta County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L diesel. Lift, new springs, billstein shocks, 315 Cooper STT tires, Baja AR172 rims, power-stop brakes and the list is just starting. Built an aux fuse panel today for accessories that will eventually be added. Thanks to the community for showing me how to build it.

Attachments

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

I have an Excursion also. What roof rack did you get and was it an easy mount for the awning? Also are you able to open the rear doors and lift gate with the awning open?

We have n F250 crew cab with shell.

I designed and made the roof rack.
Having the Awning open does not effect opening any of the doors or open the shell flip up cover.

With the walls on the awning we cannot open the driver side rear door.

Shadow 2.jpg

We usually leave one wall off either the passenger side - side or the driver side front return. Depends on location and wind directions.

No issues opening tail gate or shell rear cover with the passenger side wall up.

Shadow 1.jpg

Shadow 4.jpg

OneGreenMachine

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Coweta County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Thanks for the additional pictures. Really like the setup. I might have some trouble with a 270 on the Ex because it has a tailgate that lifts up a bit. might have to tinker around with an alternative. or just have a dome off the back and an awning on the side. Not ideal so going to keep poking around. I feel like someone out there has solved it.

Semper Fi!

Reactions: Daryl 32

Flying pig

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florence, OR, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
sprueill
Member #

Thanks for the additional pictures. Really like the setup. I might have some trouble with a 270 on the Ex because it has a tailgate that lifts up a bit. might have to tinker around with an alternative. or just have a dome off the back and an awning on the side. Not ideal so going to keep poking around. I feel like someone out there has solved it.

Semper Fi!
Just add a limiting strap if needed to keep it from fully extending up.

KWW

Rank II

Contributor III

Redlands, CA.
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Werges
Just getting started on mine. 2003 F250 CC SB 4X4 7.3L. Recently added an Icon 4" suspension, 35" Falken AT3's, Raceline wheels and ARB nerf bars with steps. Also has a Leer cap on it, with Thule tracks and bars so I can add a roof rack and awning in the near future. Just rolled 267,000 miles last weekend, and still runs great. Owned it since new. As its my daily driver, I want it capable (adding a locker and winch) but I'll probably be looking at an off-road teardrop trailer in the near future to make taking off a little simpler.

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Excursion guy from Columbia, MO. Lots of the same 7.3 mods to make it last as many of you I am sure already know. BDS 4" lift and 35's Just put a new set of wheels and tires on. Went from 20" wheels down to 18" for better ride and air down abilities. Ditched my Toyo tires, worst tire I have ever owned. Went to Falcon Wild peak AT3, much better tire IMO. Here is a picture with the old rims and tires.

Ex..jpg

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

2018 Ford F250. crewcab diesel. put on a 2.5 in Carli lift, torsion sway bar, currently running Bilstein 5160's. Toyo open country at3's (amazing tires) upgraded upper and lower steering dampers / control arms. steel braided brake lines, calibrated power switchable tunes, s & b air intake and filter with dust shield. upgraded both engine batteries to lithium ion phosphate and installed a third battery pack in the bed. remote battery kit (custom). custom bed box and sliders. 65l snomaster frig/freezer (amazing unit). diamondback bedcover (2000lbs on top capacity). front and rear off-road led bars, led light bulbs in the headlights and tail lights (we changed all the bulbs to led). President Andy CB radio with multiple antennae on front hood mount. GRMS radio set to install with dual antennae setup. remote satellite hotspot, mobile hotspot. dual tablets (1 apple iPad Pro and 1 Samsung tab) on mounts for nav / weather / entertainment / trail reference guides

currently fabricating a bed rack for the diamondback cover that will allow a RTT and still be able to open the front and rear doors of the shell.

future:
1. RTT -- looking at a hardshell but can't find one I like (maybe a redwing).. but have a Gordigear for the meantime for fabrication work
2. winch bumpers front and rear (rear with swing away dual tire setup)
3. camp oven on slide in bed.. redesign galley set up - improve bed slide to set up full back split kitchen -- dual 45 degree swing out.
4. 270 awning.
5 solar panels on RTT.
6 warn winch.
7 extended fuel tank
8. onboard water tank, with fill pump and water purification set up.
9. shower setup -- hot water heater and pop out curtain.
10. arb air compressor frame mounted
11. underwood (maybe) 110 welder.
12. inverter to power welder.
13. perimeter led lights.

Attachments

Jay Smallen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gardnerville Ranchos, NV, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Smallen
Member #

For you guys thinking about replacing injectors at 250k. I have over 435k on mine I run a 75 hp tune for towing. I just pulled a 30 foot center console boat 400 miles with no issues. I would have injectors check before I replaced them. I put AGM batteries in it and that helped starting tremendously since they drop off less in the cold. Protect your wiring harness on the 99 to 2002 trucks they cannot be purchased new and most salvage yards destroy them I tore mine up in a water crossing and it took a year to find a new 4wheel drive harness.
The electrical reliability and availability is why I don't have any more 7.3's. But they've treated me very well over the years and I'd definitely run them again in their healthy years. If the electrical stuff was more readily available, I'd probably still have my last one. Dang I miss that truck lol..

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

The electrical reliability and availability is why I don't have any more 7.3's. But they've treated me very well over the years and I'd definitely run them again in their healthy years. If the electrical stuff was more readily available, I'd probably still have my last one. Dang I miss that truck lol..
You can get wiring harnesses for the 7.3 from a company out of Houston Texas, specializes in 7.3s.

Reactions: Jay Smallen

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

There is to big of a following for these trucks. I have never found any issues finding parts on the black web. Haha. Takes sometime digging around but the goods are out there. May not be OEM so get parts while you can from the dealer.

So were is everyone from?

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

This is what you call 'full retard'. yes its mine.. yes I went nuts. built 6.0 ver 1000hp capable on twins.. currently running a stage 5 powermac variable vane turbo. I've been trying to sell it for about 2 years. built if for the ex... and... well.... ex.. get it? way over 140k in it. issue is can't get people to come to Dallas to drive it. lol. that's the issue with internet sales. google street side classics if you want see more.

I almost built a excursion Overlander but at the end of the day... ex. get it? lol. great trucks, wish Ford would do it again. but I've been told directly by Bill Ford that is never going to happen. so. enjoy them while you can. when the v10 goes I've heard the new v8 they have is a direct drop in.

just got my 2002 excursion it has the 6.8 v 10 stock it has 265 75 r 16s on it .
all of your rigs are great

Attachments

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Good looking rig. They are a good platform for overlanding and just plain fun. Just need to find some wide trails or be mentally peppered for some battle scares.

Jay Smallen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gardnerville Ranchos, NV, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Smallen
Member #

This is what you call 'full retard'. yes its mine.. yes I went nuts. built 6.0 ver 1000hp capable on twins.. currently running a stage 5 powermac variable vane turbo. I've been trying to sell it for about 2 years. built if for the ex... and... well.... ex.. get it? way over 140k in it. issue is can't get people to come to Dallas to drive it. lol. that's the issue with internet sales. google street side classics if you want see more.

I almost built a excursion Overlander but at the end of the day... ex. get it? lol. great trucks, wish Ford would do it again. but I've been told directly by Bill Ford that is never going to happen. so. enjoy them while you can. when the v10 goes I've heard the new v8 they have is a direct drop in.
Man that's a nice looking excursion! Playing with diesels is fun. Before the 06 6.0 I'm driving now I had an 2000 7.3 f250 that was a lot of fun. It was my DD too. I'm not sure where the torque and HP was, but it did 12.98 @104 up here around 4,000' elevation. I only got the one run though lol! I didn't think it'd be that fast, but breaking into the 12's the track has rules. Driveline hoops etc... That was the last trip to the track .

Waiting on suspension right now for Tug. Two weeks behind already and was told it'd be another two weeks last week haha!! Crap... But regardless we'll be very happy campers when it's done. It's so weird driving without a bed on the truck ha!
791E14AD-154C-4723-8715-09B6DAE95D17.jpeg

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

I've got a 2018 in Blue Jeans Blue. I highly recommend tuning the truck with this.
EZ LYNK AutoAgent™ 2.0 w/ 2013-2019 Power Stroke Support Pack. I tuned mine at 10,000 miles. now have 53k on it. running 35's I'm getting 18 fully loaded.. and the switchable tune works great for all applications. its emissions in tuning. makes the truck completely different... and for the better.

great guys as well.

lift? etc???

Here's my build, 2017 F350 with an AT Habitat.
View attachment 169941View attachment 169942