Event Cancelled - East Region Fall Weekend Run (Vermont)

• HTML tutorial

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Chris, this might be an opportunity to head out towards Greylock and possibly camp at the site I told you about off of Rt 8. Let me know if you'd like me to explore that option.
@ronharrington2 This might be something to keep in mind as we start thinking about a new route. Or not, idk. lol It's an option though.

Luis

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tennessee, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Geigel
Member #

Also, any place to camp near , and more details as you get them. thanks.

Luis

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tennessee, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Geigel
Member #

Put me down for a maybe, have to check my schedule. by when i will i have to give my answer?

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Chris,

I am a maybe, not sure if I will be in season job wise still. I get laid off for the winter around that time and will know was we get closer. I'm more of a yes then a maybe haha.

Luis

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tennessee, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Geigel
Member #

Chris, this might be an opportunity to head out towards Greylock and possibly camp at the site I told you about off of Rt 8. Let me know if you'd like me to explore that option.
whats the name of that camp site. going to need a place to stay at. coming from NY.

tobyjefe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Tobin
Member #

I noticed it was all full as I tried to RSVP a maybe. I need to look at business levels but I would definitely try to make this work! Would be great to meet n greet as well as get some experience!

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Attention!
Do I have your attention? Good.

There will be some major changes to this event, to include location and possibly dates. Unfortunately, due to some foreseen and unforeseen complications, this event is going to look very different from what was originally planned. This is both bad and good. The bad, there are changes. The good, we are still working to make something happen. Please keep an eye on this event/thread for the updates, to come. If you have some time and knowledge of the area, and want to help me pull something together, shoot me a pm.
Sorry for the lack of details and the changes to this event. And thank you for your patience in all of this.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I'm adding a poll to this thread. What I want to know is if having to pay for camping would deter you from attending the event. Pleas click the link below to cast your vote and supply me with much needed information.

Click here to go to the Poll

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I am currently keeping this thread going. I should have some information early this week.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

OK everyone. I have news. Some good, some bad and some you may not care about.

First the bad. I'm cancelling this RallyPoint. Before you stop reading and and start flaming me, I'm creating a new one. This is no longer a "Trip" in the same sense and there are so many changes to what this event is that it doesn't make sense to keep this. A lot of you have RSVPed as going, some of you will not be going anymore do to location change, different interest, etc... and that is fine. I want to make sure that folks who do want to go are able to get a spot. So starting fresh helps with that. Also, there are some extra steps needed to ensure we get locked in with the right info and it is very important that all those who rsvp take action on those extra steps.

The good. We are still doing something on the weekend of October 13-15. It looks very different from what we had originally planned but when life gives you lemons, etc... etc... The full details will be in the new Rally Point Event but I will say this, it is a family friendly camping, meetup weekend with a day trip on some trails. Emphasis on family. Can you come alone? Yes. Please do if that suits you. But if you want to bring your family, know that they are welcome.

The stuff you probably don't care about. The reason for the changes. I'm going to be frank and to the point. My original plan was garbage. OK not garbage but just no doable with the number of folks I thought we could. A good dude broke the news to me bluntly lol. So we started working on a replacement plan that we could do without cutting the number of folks who could go. Unfortunately, the time of year is not conducive for the type of trip I was trying to create. And as Autumn drew near I had to adjust expectations. And then adjust them again. I had lined up what looked to be a promising alternative and then that fell through. So I called 24 campgrounds to try to get us at least a place to camp and hangout. 23 of them said no. BUT 1 said yes... lol So that is where we are now. Not as "to the point" as I wanted but oh well. Long story short is this, I made some errors in my calculations, tried to course correct too late and learned some lessons along the way. I will put together something like what was originally supposed to happen next year sometime.

So for those of you who have been watching this trip. Thanks for your patience and sorry for all of these changes and delays in getting information out. I simply didn't have information and didn't want to give out details that would have changed anyway.

SAFETYRUNNER

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHZ939
So for those of you who have been watching this trip. Thanks for your patience and sorry for all of these changes and delays in getting information out. I simply didn't have information and didn't want to give out details that would have changed anyway.
Shit happens, Chris. I appreciate the lack of excuses. Isn't this why we carry traction boards and duct tape?

I'll check out the new Rally Point.

Ken

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Shit happens, Chris. I appreciate the lack of excuses. Isn't this why we carry traction boards and duct tape?

I'll check out the new Rally Point.

Ken
Ya know, if I had more duct tape I probably could have fixed this... lol. Thanks Ken! I look forward to spending time with folks.