Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Vonderhaar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LNT
In 5 days, I head out to pick up my Escapod Topo from Escapod trailers in Utah. Despite the cold weather, I am going to run it around to a few places in the state and field test it. I didn't find a thread dedicated to the Escapod so I thought I would start one. In this thread, I'll show you what I did (or didn't do to mine) so maybe another member can benefit from my experience. I do not work for Escapod. I am just a soon to be owner.

About the Escapod
You can learn about the Escaped from the manufacture. I also found the unofficial Facebook owner's group very useful.

The Escapod has many vinyl decal wraps available at purchase time:

Escapod-Colors.jpg

Mine is Battleship Gray, but my intention is to re-wrap it to match my tow mule. Pardon my crude mock-ups but something like this or that:

Escapod-Black.png

Escapod-Grey.png

The motivation here is my rig is a Ram 2500 Power Wagon with some custom racing stripes and decals which you can see in my profile picture. A large picture pre decals can be found in a different thread specific to Ram Rigs and not trailers. I didn't want to be duplicative here.

My build sheet is pretty exhaustive with pretty much everything you could do to the trailer. To be honest, I don't know what I would miss or wouldn't, since this would be my first such type of trailer. I didn't want to not have something I could of had later so I tossed the kitchen sink at it for better or worse.

Escapod Build Shedet.png

I am pretty excited about picking this guy up soon. I just spent a 1/2 year of pulling around a 27' Airstream Globetrotter. That trailer has spent 2 months in the shop out of 7 or 8 months of ownership, with only 4200 miles on it. It's big, heavy, and worst of all fragile. I feel limited by where I can take it. The Escapod should open up new choices for me. I feel thankful that I can have both for a bit and decide if I still want both later.

I have a pretty healthy set of stuff already pack in the truck to start the process of figuring out the bare minimum I want to carry. I am likely over-packed for the first trip, but that's ok.

I'll update this thread (or post) with more info after I get the Escapod.

Do any other Overland Bound members have the Escapod? What works and doesn't for you?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, that looks like a really a beautiful trailer. I like the design, classic teardrop and modernity. Very nice. Great idea with the re-wrap, I especially like the first version with the black. Am looking forward to pictures of the combinaion with the rig. So, congratulations on the great trailer and many nice trips with it. Have fun picking it up!

Reactions: OverDavidLand

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

Escapod was on our short list of builders. Very nice trailers!
I just ordered my off road teardrop after reserving a build spot 2 months ago. I won't see it until March of next year.
Some builders are backed up almost 2 years.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Nice! With a RTT it will be a two story camper! I hadn't noticed that being a capability for the teardrop design but I like it. I may sell my boat in a year or two and get something like that. Do you have to pay property taxes on those??

OverDavidLand

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Vonderhaar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LNT
Day 2 of shakedown tour. Switched from BLM land to the North Campground inside the park.

We want to see the park and I am not super comfortable leaving the trailer out in the middle of nowhere unattended, especially since I can’t properly lock up everything just yet.

That side table is a very clever design.

It’s actually the lid for a cabinet in the gallery, which is removable.

Attachments

wdubois

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
DuBois
Member #

Love my Escapod. We picked it up last October and have been having a lot of fun with it here in Arizona. I cant wait to start adding some modifications to it and the Ford Ranger. Escapode.jpg