Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

The guys at Rigs N cofee set up a trip to figuora mtn this weekend and since my f150 is still at Mercenary Offroad getting some more work done I decided to take out my 4wd escape. Obviously it's not a true 4wd and it's on street tires but im happy at how it did. Can't beat 29mpg :).

Just like Michael always says. It doesn't matter what you drive.

If you want to follow me on social media it's @adventuringinautism and @overlandf150.

-Raul 20190406_191628.jpegIMG_20190406_151142_370.jpeg20190406_145507.jpeg

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Raul...love your attitude. Made me think of one of my favorite trips to Colorado. Took my daily driver and did a 2 week trip to the San Juans and did the Alpine Skyway...in a Gen I Honda CRV with All Wheel Drive. Were we able to go everywhere? No, but we made 90% of the trails on our list. And the looks we got from the Jeep/Tacoma/Landcruiser crowd was priceless. Good on you Raul. Take what ya got and enjoy.
28110143.JPG

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Raul...love your attitude. Made me think of one of my favorite trips to Colorado. Took my daily driver and did a 2 week trip to the San Juans and did the Alpine Skyway...in a Gen I Honda CRV with All Wheel Drive. Were we able to go everywhere? No, but we made 90% of the trails on our list. And the looks we got from the Jeep/Tacoma/Landcruiser crowd was priceless. Good on you Raul. Take what ya got and enjoy.
View attachment 92499
I have never set up and packed soo quickly. It Def has me thinking of how I want to change up the bed of my rig.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Honestly I sold an 86 Toyota that was bobbed and locked for my current 05 Escape due to family commitments. Honestly I dont regret it. The Escape I think is one of those greatly underestimated rigs, many other XUVs fit this as well. I think a majority of people who go "off road" would be just fine with a XUV...

Reactions: Raul B

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Honestly I sold an 86 Toyota that was bobbed and locked for my current 05 Escape due to family commitments. Honestly I dont regret it. The Escape I think is one of those greatly underestimated rigs, many other XUVs fit this as well. I think a majority of people who go "off road" would be just fine with a XUV...
I agree. I was actually very comfortable in my escape. If you saw the video you could see that I had a lil problem getting back up but that is mainly due to thr street tires. If this was my onky rig I would get a second set of cheap rims with all terrains and it would prob go 60% of the trails I already do and get twice the mpg.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

View attachment 92499
Awww yeah, way to represent the #CRVnation, brother! :D

I love my RD1 CR-V. Here's my build thread, in case you're interested:

Last edited:

Cougar1968

Rank 0

Contributor I

Awesome! I probably went more places (overall) in my stock 01 Grand Cherokee then my heavily modded 4Runner. Both were my DD but the Runner was built for what I did 10% of the time...the other 90% it was overkill.

I have a feeling my new Grand Cherokee will take me everywhere I want to go. I’m not super into hardcore trails anymore anyway.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and CSG

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Awesome! I probably went more places (overall) in my stock 01 Grand Cherokee then my heavily modded 4Runner. Both were my DD but the Runner was built for what I did 10% of the time...the other 90% it was overkill.

I have a feeling my new Grand Cherokee will take me everywhere I want to go. I’m not super into hardcore trails anymore anyway.
That's why my LX is stock save for KO2 e-load tires and the removal of the running boards. Th vehicle is far more capable than my skill in driving it off-road. Then again, my 2-wheel drive van has taken me to at least 80% of the places I like to go here in the west.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

The better half had a old body 2011 escape that we took alot of places. Nice well built car. She sold it and bought a f150 but some a/t tires on that lil escape and it went anywhere. Great in the snow!

Upperleftjeep

Rank 0

Traveler I

View attachment 92499
Looks awesome