Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

hello, I noticed you have the flat black section on your hood to prevent glare from your overhead lights. Did it create an increase in hood/engine bay temperatures? I have heard other people that have done similar mods have significant increases in temperature on the flat black sections. I am looking for solutions since I have the glare issues on the hood with my H3. Thanks!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
hello, I noticed you have the flat black section on your hood to prevent glare from your overhead lights. Did it create an increase in hood/engine bay temperatures? I have heard other people that have done similar mods have significant increases in temperature on the flat black sections. I am looking for solutions since I have the glare issues on the hood with my H3. Thanks!
I am not sure, but I can tell you with the gear on the front bumper especially, my rig runs hot. Not tempature gauge danger hot, but the radiator can be heard gurgling after a workout.

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

That makes sense that it would already be raised because of the increased stress on the front, thanks!