Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Sat there watching satalites for a while.
Did you happen to see the long string of 60 Starlink satellites they just launched last week? They were overhead at 9:41 PM here in Pueblo, CO. Unfortunately it was very cloudy, but I was able to see 25 of them through a small opening.

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
Did you happen to see the long string of 60 Starlink satellites they just launched last week? They were overhead at 9:41 PM here in Pueblo, CO. Unfortunately it was very cloudy, but I was able to see 25 of them through a small opening.
No but that would have been cool. I didnt know about it. Just say maybe 10 random ones floating by

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Nick_Gomez81

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Land O' Lakes, FL, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Gomez
Member #

Ok so I made it home last night about 3am. Ended up leaving early. I ended up just bouncing around new mexico. Got right up to the Colorado border but never did cross into Colorado. Was planning on staying last night around red river, but there was a mini Sturgis going on and every camp ground was pretty packed. Then some storms started rolling in? So I called it.

There was a gate locked just. North of i35 going into the pecos nat forest. So I re routed into pecos then back tracked into the forest to camp for the night. Rolling in there I saw 2 trucks on the trail and maybe 6 diesels with horse trailers at a camp. Past that the place was a ghost town. Found a place to camp. It was quiet.....and I mean QUIET. I've never been some place so quiet. Zero wind. No birds. No bugs. No nothing. Amazing camp though. Sat there watching satalites for a while.

Left there headed into Santa fe. Saw some cool rigs in town. Saw my 1st earth roamer... words can not describe these things. It was amazing. Had a great green chili voodoo burger. Got back on the trail. The next place you pull off the pavement was crazy packed with campers. There were places avail to stay but there were a lot of people out. Anyway. Headed up the trail quite a ways until I hit snow... wasnt expecting that. Figured I'd push thru. Aired down went into 4 lo locked the rear and let her eat. I made it maybe 800 yards when I ran into 3 side by sides stuck in the snow. Helped them get out.... drank a "thank you beer" and started back tracking.

Cut around into cimarron and pulled off on the trail right before dusk. Didnt see anyone the whole rest of the night. Lot of elk but no people. Found a camp site (wish I would have kept going) had a great night. Headed on that trail past the camp site there were more of "dispersed" spots right on the river. They are 20 bucks a night but the views alone would have been worth it.

Red river was crazy busy. But I wanted to hit the goose lake trail. That was a great trail.... little technical. But fun. I made it about 4 miles up before I met a side by side coming down. He told me about a mile up the road was wait deep snow lol. I got up to the snow and started looking around. Looked like storms were rolling in so I called it. Didnt want to me on that trail in the mud. There were a few off camber spots with not a lot of room for error.

I was going to head back to pecos NF. But crazy winds and storms started coming in so I called it about 4pm. Started heading back to okc.

It was a great trip. Amazing area. Def need to go back.
Thats awesome! Red River gets silly with people until after the 4th. I go almost every year. Love the area though. Never have done Goose Lake in a vehicle, but I hike it every year and camp out overnight. I would love to eventually meet up with some members and do a week of trails in the Jeep around there and into Colorado.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew