El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Well hopefully by starting this thread we can have an easier place to post items.

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Looking at doing the Camino del diablo in the next few weeks.

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Right on. Once we work out some ideas I will post it up. Those who can’t but are interested I will try and keep good notes.

john luevano

Rank I

Contributor I

el paso texas
First Name
John
Last Name
Luevano
Member #

We are planning to run the Camino del Diablo trail during spring break. Meeting up next week sometime to solidify some of the details. We also are planning on running something next weekend most likely an overnighter. Should have a where and when by tomorrow.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

We are planning to run the Camino del Diablo trail during spring break. Meeting up next week sometime to solidify some of the details. We also are planning on running something next weekend most likely an overnighter. Should have a where and when by tomorrow.
That is a trail I have wanted to do just need others to go with, I didn't want to do it solo

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks John for answering that. Once more details are worked out the details will be fast and furious

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
So for the El Camino del Diablo trip we will be leaving ELP on the 13th of March and be back on the 21st of March. We will be overnighting in Why, AZ on the 13h and begin on the 14th. The plan is to be on the trail until the 19th when we should be rolling into Yuma.

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We are under a month out for the El Camino del Diablo trip. Looking forward to doing this trail.

DharmaBum

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Denver, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sniezak
Member #

We are under a month out for the El Camino del Diablo trip. Looking forward to doing this trail.
I’ll be on El Camino del Diablo in a week and half! Really excited about this track, so I’m hoping weather stays favorable—no rain please. This will be the last 1/3 of my TX to CA trip: Big Bend NP, Lincoln NF, White Sands NP, Tombstone, El Camino..., and last but not least, Anza-Borrego NP. Safe travels!

Reactions: Craig Schueren

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I’ll be on El Camino del Diablo in a week and half! Really excited about this track, so I’m hoping weather stays favorable—no rain please. This will be the last 1/3 of my TX to CA trip: Big Bend NP, Lincoln NF, White Sands NP, Tombstone, El Camino..., and last but not least, Anza-Borrego NP. Safe travels!
That’s awesome. We were out by Big Bend a few weeks ago stayed the night at the State Park will be going back in April.

The Lincoln is our backyard and the Gila in the neighborhood.

Let us know how it goes. And Anzo, that was the wish but maybe later in the year.

DharmaBum

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sniezak
Member #

That’s awesome. We were out by Big Bend a few weeks ago stayed the night at the State Park will be going back in April.

The Lincoln is our backyard and the Gila in the neighborhood.

Let us know how it goes. And Anzo, that was the wish but maybe later in the year.
Sadly, I had to postpone my run through El Camino del Diablo due to inclement weather—heavy winds and dust storms. Disappointed for sure, but I was able to make it through Big Bend and White Sands before pulling the plug. Here’s some photos:

Attachments

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thats a bummer. Looks like you did get to see some wonderful things though.

We are currently in the center. We had some of the crazy high winds one night. My dog wasn't happy. My Gazelle T3 has worked great. IMG_20210317_133415.jpg

The weather has been nice. Chilly in the morn and night. We have been having a good time. We will push out to Yuma in the am. Spend the night outsode of Yuma at a lake and then go home. Been a beautiful trip.

Last edited:

DharmaBum

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sniezak
Member #

Good stuff! I’m happy to read that the G3 held up. I purchased one earlier this year for times when it’s me and my girl. I’ve heard that the sides can collapse when winds are heavy which concerned me.