US Southwest El Camino Del Diablo

• HTML tutorial

iluvdrt

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Oceanside, Ca
Member #

Hey everyone, I am planning to do El Camino Del Diablo early next year and I was curious from those who have done it how the trip was? Is there anything cool to see, or do along the way. I've only been able to see the trail by Ajo, AZ and finish by Walton, AZ. Is the trail longer than that? Is there a way to off road and camp closer into Ca? Does anyone have a Gpx file they can share? Thanks for any advice.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I want to do the El Camino Del Diablo in January. I have yet to find a good gpx track

Reactions: iluvdrt

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I want to do the El Camino Del Diablo in January. I have yet to find a good gpx track
Ask and you shall receive - GaiaGPS - ECDD You will need a Gaia GPS account to download.

The attached GPX file combines everything that I have. It may not work as well as the individual tracks in the folder online.

That should be most of it. Use at your own risk....

GPX viewer

Attachments

iluvdrt

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Oceanside, Ca
Member #

Awesome, Thanks.

I noticed there appears to be some Calderas with lots of lava rock on the trail, are you able to hike to any of them, or is the trail fenced on each side?

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Awesome, Thanks.

I noticed there appears to be some Calderas with lots of lava rock on the trail, are you able to hike to any of them, or is the trail fenced on each side?
I don't think anything is fenced. I haven't explored any of that.

Not to put a damper on any trip to ECDD but.... I am not scared to travel there just be aware of your surroundings. You may or may not come across the following. It's a common occurrence in southern AZ.

Just remember this is well trafficked by illegal border crossers, drug mules, and wildlife. So you never know what might be hiding next to a rock. Of course all of those things really want nothing to do with other people. But the cartel has been know to put folks in the mountains to keep an eye on what is being carried.

Reactions: iluvdrt

iluvdrt

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Oceanside, Ca
Member #

I don't think anything is fenced. I haven't explored any of that.

Not to put a damper on any trip to ECDD but.... I am not scared to travel there just be aware of your surroundings. You may or may not come across the following. It's a common occurrence in southern AZ.

Just remember this is well trafficked by illegal border crossers, drug mules, and wildlife. So you never know what might be hiding next to a rock. Of course all of those things really want nothing to do with other people. But the cartel has been know to put folks in the mountains to keep an eye on what is being carried.

I'm very much aware of the Boarder situations, and I won't be doing this trail alone, or without proper protective measures. I will have a group of about 5-6 people, all of which will also be prepped. Thank you saying that though.

Reactions: WhatTheZo