Eastern VA Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

What type of Kickoff event interests you?

• Picnic in the park

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • A weekend campout

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

OK. As I mentioned in a couple other places. It's time for Virginia to get their meetups, and you can thank @yabbaz for getting this ball rolling. I'm excited get things going in the southern reaches of our region. And I'm equally excited to have a guy like @yabbaz helping to get us there. We still need your help though. Virginia is a sizeable state and we want to get some input, both on where everyone is located in relation to each other, and what type of kickoff event folks would be interested in.

So, it's poll time. Please select one option from above as to what type of kickoff meet you would like to see happen. Then, comment below with where you are located so we can best figure out how to organize the monthly meetups for the state.

Also, if you are interested in helping us get these things going please let me know. Thanks

And thanks @yabbaz for stepping up and getting the ball rolling on this.

yabbaz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Richmond, VA
Member #

@TerryD and myself have been talking a little bit as well about planning a big VA meetup, but as far as monthly meets, we're still in the dark. Maybe a northern VA, Eastern, and Western VA meetup? @Chris Jones and myself are also tossing around the idea of doing a monthly meetup in Richmond. 2 hours from the beach, NOVA, and the mountains (staunton/harrisonburg area obviously lol). but that would leave you roanoke people in the dark. Let us know what and where you'd like to meet and lets make it happen!

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

For NoVA, 2nd & 3rd Thurs are filled by MAOS meet&greet & Defendersource hh .
I'm sure there are other brand specific meet ups.

Funny thing about MAOS is that's the FB overland group that introduced a few of us to OB back in the founder days. They've grown beyond the mid Atlantic, while OB is building out regions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

For NoVA, 2nd & 3rd Thurs are filled by MAOS meet&greet & Defendersource hh .
I'm sure there are other brand specific meet ups.

Funny thing about MAOS is that's the FB overland group that introduced a few of us to OB back in the founder days. They've grown beyond the mid Atlantic, while OB is building out regions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, That's all stuff we will need to keep in mind when we start planning actual dates.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I'm near Roanoke and have talked with some of the locals in the past about getting together locally but nothing has happened yet. A good bit of my weekends are taken up with family related stuff but I can usually make plans with a little notice.

Last edited:

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I'm near Roanoke and have talked with some of the locals in the past about getting together locally but nothing has happened yet. A good bit of my weekends are taken up with family related stuff but I can usually make plans with a little notice.

I'm planning to be in Roanoke on the 22nd and should be free in the evening after 1-2pm. Beyond that, what is everyone's thoughts? @DeltaNine @Grant H @Darrell
Sounds like you and some others are in an area that might be a little left out. If you want to try again I think we can make it happen. Let me know.

Darrell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I'm planning to be in Roanoke on the 22nd and should be free in the evening after 1-2pm. Beyond that, what is everyone's thoughts? @DeltaNine @Grant H @Darrell
I can probably do that as long as nothing comes up.

Reactions: TerryD

yabbaz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Richmond, VA
Member #

Charlottesville or waynesboro is a good central-ish meetup spot for people coming from Nova, the beach, and the mountains area. who knows lol

ShoKilla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

McKenney, Va
Member #

I'm looking to head out towards the mountains again sometime the next few weeks... My weekends are fairly open... Just needs a few days warning...

yabbaz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Richmond, VA
Member #

@ShoKilla , we are in the works of planning a VA state-wide weekend meetup. I'm working on the routes right now, @TerryD is in charge of the western VA thread. You could always swing by their monthly meetup, or come to ours! I will get the weekend trip thread up for us as soon as the logistics are figured out.

Reactions: ShoKilla and TerryD

ShoKilla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

McKenney, Va
Member #

@ShoKilla , we are in the works of planning a VA state-wide weekend meetup. I'm working on the routes right now, @TerryD is in charge of the western VA thread. You could always swing by their monthly meetup, or come to ours! I will get the weekend trip thread up for us as soon as the logistics are figured out.
I'll keep my eyes out...

Sean Siner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Va Beach
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Siner
Member #

Im new to the group. Ive lived in VA beach for 7 years now. Just upgraded from a 06 4runner. Im up for any kind of meet up.