Eastern Mass Monthly Meetup

• HTML tutorial

Butler419

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

WEATHER FOR SATURDAY, 01 APRIL "EASTERN MA MONTHLY MEETUP" GET TOGETHER:

Hello Everyone,

It looks like they are calling for 8 to 12 inches of snow in Leominster on Friday afternoon/evening and then snow all day on Saturday, 01 April, accumulating up to an additional 5 inches. Due to this potential weather, I would say it may be a good idea to postpone this kick-off gathering until another Saturday in April. I know most of us have 4x4s, but the potential for ice and snow may cause hazardous conditions for some of you traveling from other parts of the state.

https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USMA0216:1:US

Please let me know if you agree and then we can plan for a different Saturday at the same location. What do others think? Thanks!

Regards, David
I agree @finlayforprez, would rather get together when we can all enjoy the outdoors... rather than standing in the sleety snow. Spring will eventually come for us up here in MA!!
I vote for a reschedule :)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Randy.Hill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rumford, RI
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Hill
Member #

That forecast probably isn't the most reliable. Weather.gov's point forecast is more accurate. And it's worse :) Freezing rain, sleet and snow on Saturday which is worse driving than snow. I agree a reschedule is in order.

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

That forecast probably isn't the most reliable. Weather.gov's point forecast is more accurate. And it's worse :) Freezing rain, sleet and snow on Saturday which is worse driving than snow. I agree a reschedule is in order.
Thanks for the information, I never know where to look at weather.

OK, let's call it now and officially say the kick-off event will be postponed. The location will remain the same, but I will post more information tomorrow (and maybe a poll) to see what other Saturday is good. I would propose Saturday, 07 April or Saturday, 14 April, as I will be back out west the second half of April.

Thanks so much and sorry to have to postpone the meet up!

Regards, David

Reactions: Isgro

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Reschedule of the April Kick-Off Meeting

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your understanding and patience in postponing the kick-off meeting originally scheduled for 01 April. Hopefully this will be the last big snow storm here in MA. :smiley:

I propose that we hold the meeting next Saturday, 08 April, at the same place and time (see previous posts for further information on location/time). @cjones has updated the calendar accordingly.

We could wait until Saturday, 15 April; however, this is Easter weekend and it may be more difficult to gather that Saturday.

Please post and let us know if next Saturday (08 April) is good for everyone and we will set the plan.

Have a great and safe weekend!

Regards, David

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I'm not going to be able to make it on the 8th, very bummed. Nevertheless I'll try and make the next upcoming events and follow along.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
So sorry to hear that, but I understand. I was going to make it the following Saturday, but with it being Easter, it was even harder for people.

Reactions: CapeXterra