Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Here it is, the official meetup thread for Eastern Mass and some of RI. All of the planning for this was in a large private message with several members but we are moving the discussion about upcoming meets and the Kickoff (April 1) to this thread so everyone is able to see.

We will meet in a location yet to be locked in on the third Thursday of every month at 6:30 pm. Join if you can. Gather up in the parking lot early to check out each others vehicles before heading in for a brew and a bite (soda if you are under 21).

Our first meet will be Saturday April 1 (not that's not a joke). We will be announcing the location early next week but it will be in North/Central Mass. This is our Kickoff. Let's all get together at 11:30 am. Bring your own food for lunch. We will mostly just be meeting each other, checking out rigs, and trading stories for the afternoon. Feel free to bring the whole family. There will be a few grills at the park, or you can bring your camp kitchen setup and wow everyone with all your cool gadgets.

I will post a public google calendar link in a bit so you can subscribe and have the dates automatically show in your personal calendars.

Monthly Meetup Time and Location:
Every Third Thursday at 6:30 pm

Smashburger
Sherwood Plaza Shopping Center
1298 Worcester St
Natick, MA 01760

Last edited:

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

OK. There are two links below. One is the html which you can enter into your browser and the calendar will pop up. The other is the ics which you can use to add the calendar to whatever calendar you use to do your personal scheduling (basically like subscribing). let me know if you have any issues.

HTML - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=j0tp7hsk2jsku1u013m9siajoc@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago
ICS/ICAL - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/j0tp7hsk2jsku1u013m9siajoc@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

CapeXterra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Scituate, Massachusetts
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Reimels
Member #

This is awesome, I'm very excited to meet with some new people. I may not be able to make Thursdays till maybe June or July due to being a cub scout leader. Our meetings are currently held that same time. Never the less count me in if possible. I'll try for the April meet up if I'm not working.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

OK. We have our location for the April 1st kickoff. Drum-roll please................... Leominster State Forest!
Many thanks to @finlayforprez for locking that in over the weekend while I was out of town.
Here are coordinates to the parking lot we will be meeting up in. 42.521406, -71.854344
A reminder that the Kickoff starts at 11:30 am (no pressure to be there right at that time) and ends pretty much when everyone says it does but I put 5:00 pm down anyway.

And don't forget to add the ICAL link to your own personal calendars so you have the meetup dates and times automatically added to your schedules!
HTML - https://calendar.google.com/calenda...group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago
ICS/ICAL - https://calendar.google.com/calenda...oc@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Reactions: Out_of_Ipswich

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Thanks, @cjones !

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday, April 1st. Please take a look at the website for more details about the park, but it should give us plenty of room for parking, chatting, seeing each other's vehicles, and there are picnic/grilling areas.

We will post any updates, but let us know if there are any questions. Thank you for your patience!

Regards, David

Randy.Hill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rumford, RI
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Hill
Member #

Glad I stumbled onto this post :) looks like we might have a small xTerra contingent. Thanks for organizing this.

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Glad I stumbled onto this post :) looks like we might have a small xTerra contingent. Thanks for organizing this.
Awesome! :-) I love Xterras. I know I told someone on the forum about a time I was on the trails in CA and I met up with a whole bunch of Xterra guys and some had some crazy awesome modifications. They are such great rigs! Looking forward to seeing them on 01 April.

tntc

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Peabody
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cobb
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1-TTC
Service Branch
Navy
Varsity high school lacrosse coach and we open, away on April 1st. I may take a ride west to meet you all after the bus ride back to school depending on the time frame and weather. If not hope to make the next one without any conflict with the season.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Varsity high school lacrosse coach and we open, away on April 1st. I may take a ride west to meet you all after the bus ride back to school depending on the time frame and weather. If not hope to make the next one without any conflict with the season.
Sounds great! Best of luck at the opening. I will need to leave around mid afternoon, but I am sure some folks will be there later.

I'll try to post up some updates and photos on this thread real time so you can check in. Thanks!

Isgro

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Worcester, MA
Member #

Yep, it's close to us. Looking forward to seeing your rover and meeting you. I will have my rover too. Let me know if you want to caravan over, as I'll be passing through Worcester.
Might not have it. Got rear ended back in January and it's going to the body shop Monday. Hopefully it's done quick, but I'll have a rental if not, so I'll touch base with you either way.

Isgro

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Worcester, MA
Member #

OK. We have our location for the April 1st kickoff. Drum-roll please................... Leominster State Forest!
Many thanks to @finlayforprez for locking that in over the weekend while I was out of town.
Here are coordinates to the parking lot we will be meeting up in. 42.521406, -71.854344
A reminder that the Kickoff starts at 11:30 am (no pressure to be there right at that time) and ends pretty much when everyone says it does but I put 5:00 pm down anyway.

And don't forget to add the ICAL link to your own personal calendars so you have the meetup dates and times automatically added to your schedules!
HTML - https://calendar.google.com/calenda...group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago
ICS/ICAL - https://calendar.google.com/calenda...oc@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
Hey guys, I was just checking those coordinates. I'm pretty familiar with that area — I think that lot is gated until the summer. There is a lot a bit further south at these coordinates — 42.518270, -71.856330 — that should be open and allow us to park. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Cheers.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey guys, I was just checking those coordinates. I'm pretty familiar with that area — I think that lot is gated until the summer. There is a lot a bit further south at these coordinates — 42.518270, -71.856330 — that should be open and allow us to park. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Cheers.
Thanks so much! I was not sure if any lots were gated, but I knew there was an open one. I've only been there a couple times, so we really appreciate the information!!! I hope everyone can find it.

Reactions: Isgro

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Howdy! I was looking at the google maps for this parking lot and noticed a closed gate? Anyone know if this will be open this time of the year? I will try to call the park services tomorrow to inquire. Thanks!

<CORRECTION> I see a dirt parking lot down the street off Fitchburg Road that looks like an entrance to a trail head. That should be good if that gate is closed, but it should be OK. I see the google maps photo was taken in Aug. 2011 and it was dusk, so maybe they close it then.

Last edited:

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

WEATHER FOR SATURDAY, 01 APRIL "EASTERN MA MONTHLY MEETUP" GET TOGETHER:

Hello Everyone,

It looks like they are calling for 8 to 12 inches of snow in Leominster on Friday afternoon/evening and then snow all day on Saturday, 01 April, accumulating up to an additional 5 inches. Due to this potential weather, I would say it may be a good idea to postpone this kick-off gathering until another Saturday in April. I know most of us have 4x4s, but the potential for ice and snow may cause hazardous conditions for some of you traveling from other parts of the state.

https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/USMA0216:1:US

Please let me know if you agree and then we can plan for a different Saturday at the same location. What do others think? Thanks!

Regards, David