Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
@Wildland Outdoors , @SteveR , should we plan a camping weekend somewhere in Eastern Iowa around the beginning of May? I know Steve has a camper, and I'm purchasing some new camping gear. I'm thinking a weekend of fireside chat and the wife and I trying out the new gear. She's not big on camping, but I'm hoping it goes well so she won't be so edgy when we go to Indiana. Let me now if this would work for you guys.

And of course, anyone else in Iowa or Western Illinois would be welcome to camp with us as well.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm good with it. Maquoketa caves is a decent spot. Also has bathrooms so that might help with the wife. Plus they have RV sites as well
That would be a good spot. A guy I work with, his grandpa has a couple hundred acres up there that they hunt. He wants my help to clear some trails this Spring. Maybe we could utilize the land while we're there and do a little bit off road. Possibly do some target shooting as well.

Reactions: North Shore Scout

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

So.. when and where exactly? I am nearby. Need to get the gear out this year. Already have a few trips planned for later that month.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
So.. when and where exactly? I am nearby. Need to get the gear out this year. Already have a few trips planned for later that month.
We don't have anything concrete. We had talked about Maquoketa caves. Do some hiking and fireside chat. My wife isn't much of a camper so this would be to get her acclimated. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Weekend? 1 night? Sat/Sun thing? May 7/8 or 14/15?

EDIT: May 7/8 is out for me.. if its 14/15 I would love to meet up.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShawnR

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

That would be a good spot. A guy I work with, his grandpa has a couple hundred acres up there that they hunt. He wants my help to clear some trails this Spring. Maybe we could utilize the land while we're there and do a little bit off road. Possibly do some target shooting as well.
I love the sound of this. I shoot and would love to do some mini-exploring somewhere. If that camp ground is booked, could we just camp somewhere also?

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I love the sound of this. I shoot and would love to do some mini-exploring somewhere. If that camp ground is booked, could we just camp somewhere also?
I'll check with Jordan tomorrow at work. We're suppose to be clearing some trails this Spring. Only problem with camping there is my wife won't camp without facilities. Frustrating, but I love her so I'm keeping her. lol

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I'd prefer to be able to setup next to my vehicle. I'm setup to live out of my rover. If I have to I can haul things in though.

This sounds fun guys, we need a catchy OB trip name for it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'd prefer to be able to setup next to my vehicle. I'm setup to live out of my rover. If I have to I can haul things in though.

This sounds fun guys, we need a catchy OB trip name for it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
There's a couple other people on here from Eastern Iowa now as well. Maybe we can get them to come along. I'm looking forward to seeing your set up in person. I've seen the pics, but in person is better. I need to buy some gear. lol