Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ

Trip to Death Valley - a mix of off-road exploring the wilderness and tourist stuff

Welcome to the East Bay Meet Up Death Valley Trip! #2 we wanted more of our group have the opportunity to see Death Valley, so we opened up a 2nd trip - here it is.

Please make sure your rig meets the basic requirements listed below as there will be a solid amount of dirt mileage trip in remote wilderness and we will have 10 rigs. These basic requirements are REQUIRED. If you arrive missing one of these requirements we encourage you to go have a great solo trip but it will put the larger group at risk traveling with us. Prepare-Outfit-Explore

Reactions: Budman

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Same here, I am RSVP'd on the first trip. Is there something I need to know or am I being bumped to the second group?
No Bobby as long as you have a spot @PapaDave and I are happy either route will hopefully be fun and we do plan to figure out a way to meet. So you are good to go.
Cheers
Armin

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Same national park, same love for adventure, just 2 (mostly) different routes so the group isn’t too big and allow more people to go.

There‘s spots still available so if you’ve ever wanted to go now is the time!

Last edited:

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Same national park, same starting point, just 2 (mostly) different routes so the group isn’t too big and allow more people to go.

There‘s spots still available so if you’ve ever wanted to go now is the time!
Dave, we start from Livermore but will head to the Darwin area for day 1 - I hope we can meet up for the Titus / Uebehebe day

Gx460_Will

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Che
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OFX
Looks like I’m going to miss this after all. Was clearing my work schedule but now everything got trumped by my kids’ Boy Scout activity. Need to stay positive and look for the next Rally Point. Have a blast for me.

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Looks like I’m going to miss this after all. Was clearing my work schedule but now everything got trumped by my kids’ Boy Scout activity. Need to stay positive and look for the next Rally Point. Have a blast for me.
Sorry to hear Will - next time !!

Ps. Could you please Un-RSVP so it opens the spot up so others can join

MVO

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Johns Creek, GA
First Name
Malcolm
Last Name
O’Hara
Member #

Curiosity Comment…..I am unable to go but hope to do these routes in 2022. But I am curious about planning to run in so much dust that you can’t see. How many hours would you expect to be this condition? Is it not possible to spread out?

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Curiosity Comment…..I am unable to go but hope to do these routes in 2022. But I am curious about planning to run in so much dust that you can’t see. How many hours would you expect to be this condition? Is it not possible to spread out?
If you’ve ever driven on a dusty road before it’s more about the number of vehicles and the cloud of dust that’s kicked up. The dust depends on the road as well and the direction of the wind as the road meanders north-south east west in relation to the wind. So within the span of five minutes it can be perfectly clear with dust streaming off to the left of your vehicle (with the wind) and then the road turns and it’s difficult to see, going solo it doesn’t really matter.

Reactions: Budman and MVO