First Name
Ron
Last Name
Shafer
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Veteran
How’s this? ‍
Now that's what i call chase lights. Until you find yourself on someones rear bumper the first time because they either didn't have lights or there lights weren't bright enough i believe this is one of the most mandatory safety steps. One other thing i haven't seen mentioned but we speak about it on the trail is please try not to stop suddenly if possible without using your radio to notify those behind you that your coming to a sudden stop. Even if you don't have a ham license. Fun trip ahead.

JReichert11

Rank VI
Investor

Expedition Master I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Reichert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6KWB
Hey All :) so we are two weeks out from this amazing trip and I have a bit of housekeeping to ask for.

Building on the experience of past trips, good and bad, I have decided to put together a list of everyone’s contact and emergency info just in case anyone needs it.

Below is a link to a google forms doc that will ask for basic contact info as well as some emergency contact info for the purpose of comms.

If you have any problems with the form just let me know :) and if you don’t have the info just leave it blank and you can always fill it it later as needed.

Thanks for helping out with this :)

Looking forward to this trip for sure!

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Hey All :) so we are two weeks out from this amazing trip and I have a bit of housekeeping to ask for.

Building on the experience of past trips, good and bad, I have decided to put together a list of everyone’s contact and emergency info just in case anyone needs it.

Below is a link to a google forms doc that will ask for basic contact info as well as some emergency contact info for the purpose of comms.

If you have any problems with the form just let me know :) and if you don’t have the info just leave it blank and you can always fill it it later as needed.

Thanks for helping out with this :)

Looking forward to this trip for sure!
Done, thanks!

Reactions: JReichert11

Weim.Runner

Rank VI

World Traveler I

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Nicole
Last Name
Merchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ask me :)
Hi friends! My puppy just started her first heat - it was also her 1st birthday yesterday- and she will be at peak fertility during our trip (major bummer)

Who is planning to bring their dog/s on and are there any that are intact males coming?

I don’t want to create an inconvenience for the group so we will bow out of the trip if little Winnie Baby is going to be too tempting for the other pups in the group ;)

Let me know please.

(Here is a pic of Baloo & Winnie - she’s the blue one)

Attachments

Ray O

Rank VI

Traveler III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Oyarzun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NQE
Hi all. Sergio here. Ray and I would like to coordinate dinners. All are invited. You can either contribute to the potluck or chip in later.

Thursday- Hamburgers. (Ron’s request)
I’ll need a head count for that.

Friday- Italian
Pasta main - Crepes for dessert.

Saturday- Mexican
Tacos for main

Please post if you’re in and what sides you want to make.

Thanks.

NorCalRam

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MEU
Service Branch
Army
ooo may be interested in this one, just have to confirm some schedules. Coming from LA so easy drive for me. Any plans on a pick up before heading into no cell territory? I could probably meet up at "Hollywood and vine" camping area 32.90729, -116.20400 since that is the stop for the first time.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Silver Bullet

Rank III

Contributor III

Bay Area CA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Neef
Member #

Hi friends! My puppy just started her first heat - it was also her 1st birthday yesterday- and she will be at peak fertility during our trip (major bummer)

Who is planning to bring their dog/s on and are there any that are intact males coming?

I don’t want to create an inconvenience for the group so we will bow out of the trip if little Winnie Baby is going to be too tempting for the other pups in the group ;)

Let me know please.

I am planning on bringing my dog. She is a fixed 30lbs Terrier mix. She should get along with your dogs as long as they don’t try to take her ball!

Attachments

Reactions: Weim.Runner

Weim.Runner

Rank VI

World Traveler I

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Nicole
Last Name
Merchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ask me :)

Let me know please.

I am planning on bringing my dog. She is a fixed 30lbs Terrier mix. She should get along with your dogs as long as they don’t try to take her ball!
She’s so cute!

Reactions: Silver Bullet

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

Santa Clara, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I had a trip planned for next weekend, but with weather and such it looks like it's not happening. I'm thinking about joining for this trip if I can shift my days off, and if that's alright w/ the group. I'd be coming from Vegas so I'd just meet at the first night's camp spot, or wherever you plan to hit the trail itself. I don't have a HAM license, but will make sure I can monitor (I do have a GMRS radio, I'm a radio n00b so I'm not sure if I can program it to monitor 146.46 if not I'll pickup a handheld that can... sorry like I said I'm a n00b to radio stuff so that might be an obvious/stupid statement). I'm not sure I'll have time to get a chase light on the rig by then either, I work in the Silicon Valley and will be here pretty much right up until the trip, but my truck is at home in Vegas. It does have a very high-mounted marker light on the FWC, but it's red not amber:
View attachment 247974
Actually, the light next to the door can be set to amber, but it is NOT chase light bright. Would the markers be sufficient?

Thanks,
TJ
You can also get a something like the Bowfang below to monitor Ham channels.

BAOFENG BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery https://a.co/d/0XxmDWn

Reactions: Advtres

Jmisslyn

Rank VI

Influencer I

Napa
First Name
Lyn
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCU
Hi all. Sergio here. Ray and I would like to coordinate dinners. All are invited. You can either contribute to the potluck or chip in later.

Friday- Italian

Saturday- Mexican
Tacos for main

Thanks.
I can bring some chips, salsa and guacamole for Saturday. I would love to join in for the taco dinner on saturday please.

Jmisslyn

Rank VI

Influencer I

Napa
First Name
Lyn
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCU

Friday- Italian

Saturday- Mexican
Tacos for main

Thanks.
I can bring some chips, salsa and guacamole for Saturday. I would love to join in for the taco dinner on saturday please.

KD-100

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Morgan Hill, CA, USA
First Name
Khanh
Last Name
Dinh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6TYM
If you plan to use it all 4 days, the battery won't last without a recharge. The last time I checked a few years ago, there wasn't a USB charging option available, only a standard AC plug/cradle.

-KD-100

You can also get a something like the Bowfang below to monitor Ham channels.

BAOFENG BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery https://a.co/d/0XxmDWn

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
If you plan to use it all 4 days, the battery won't last without a recharge. The last time I checked a few years ago, there wasn't a USB charging option available, only a standard AC plug/cradle.

-KD-100
Agree 4 days will not go without charging. To solve the issue 2 options:

- this is a USB cable for the craddle - - alternatively here is a Battery adaptor for 12 cigaret ligther -
both work. The Baofengs needs some 7.5 V to be charged which the craddle and the backplate have internal electronics for.

Hope this helps

Armin

Reactions: KD-100

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB

- this is a USB cable for the craddle - - alternatively here is a Battery adaptor for 12 cigaret ligther -
both work. The Baofengs needs some 7.5 V to be charged which the craddle and the backplate have internal electronics for.

Hope this helps

Armin
This was a lesson I learned on the Colorado trip, I forgot to bring my charging base, luckily Jeff had one I could use.. Armin have any good links for a second charging base?

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ

Hope this helps

Armin
This was a lesson I learned on the Colorado trip, I forgot to bring my charging base, luckily Jeff had one I could use.. Armin have any good links for a second charging base?
Haven’t used this one but believe it should work

UV-5R BF-F8H Charger More USB Cable Charger with Indicator Light for Two Way Radio UV-5R Series DM-5R by Tenway https://a.co/d/2fVrNlq

redquatquat

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Emmanuel
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi All,
Sorry if I missed it in the event description but do we know where is the campsite for Saturday night?

Jmisslyn

Rank VI

Influencer I

Napa
First Name
Lyn
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCU
I'm going to have to bail on this trip :( I just had my topper installed last weekend, and drove to Ventura and back. Can't do another big drive two weekends in a row. Hopefully another time.