San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hey Everyone, This subject is probably on here somewhere. I am looking to upgrade to a dual battery system on my 2015 Jeep JK. Even if you don't have a jeep, let me know what your using and your thoughts on it and what kinda batteries are you using with the system.

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

Genesis offroad makes a decent kit for the JK. Im personally a fan of the Interstate AGM batteries. Ran them in both of my trucks with no problems

Reactions: Travis Barker

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Genesis offroad makes a decent kit for the JK. Im personally a fan of the Interstate AGM batteries. Ran them in both of my trucks with no problems
I have looked at Genesis. Their Kit looks pretty well put together. Most likely the way I will go.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
I would also domAGM. AGM batteries are dual purpose meaning they are a starting battery and also deep cycle in one. If you don't want to change out your starting battery which is still new, then for your house batt. I would just buy a deep cycle or an AGM battery the same size as your starting battery.

I love Blue Sea stuff so I'd go with the 7650 add-a-battery ACR. It is super simple and high quality marine equipment. https://www.bluesea.com/products/7650/Add-A-Battery_Kit_-_120A

To finish it off use some 2awg welding cable, copper ring terminals, heat shrink, military battery terminals and fuse the positive lines that go to the Blue Sea as close to the battery with ANL fuses, 150A.
https://www.bluesea.com/products/5005/ANL_Fuse_Block_with_Insulating_Cover_-_35_to_300A

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I would also domAGM. AGM batteries are dual purpose meaning they are a starting battery and also deep cycle in one. If you don't want to change out your starting battery which is still new, then for your house batt. I would just buy a deep cycle or an AGM battery the same size as your starting battery.

I love Blue Sea stuff so I'd go with the 7650 add-a-battery ACR. It is super simple and high quality marine equipment. https://www.bluesea.com/products/7650/Add-A-Battery_Kit_-_120A

To finish it off use some 2awg welding cable, copper ring terminals, heat shrink, military battery terminals and fuse the positive lines that go to the Blue Sea as close to the battery with ANL fuses, 150A.
https://www.bluesea.com/products/5005/ANL_Fuse_Block_with_Insulating_Cover_-_35_to_300A

That's a different route. Didn't think of looking in the marine side of things. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

dghcruising

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mission Viejo
Member #

The Marine grade parts are much higher quality then you will find at an auto parts store, if they even have them. I used National Luna's kit, If I were to do it again, I would buy their controller and supply my own wire.

Reactions: Travis Barker

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
The Marine grade parts are much higher quality then you will find at an auto parts store, if they even have them. I used National Luna's kit, If I were to do it again, I would buy their controller and supply my own wire.
Thanks for the info. I haven't looked at National Luna's kit yet. I will have to check them out.

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I've been considering a dual battery system and after researching I will probably opt for the National Luna system. I have viewed some videos of much Tube-Ness and it seems to be very easy to install.

as for battery's I will probably go for 2 x Odyssey PC1500

Zheking

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

planet Earth
Member #

Bluesea FTW. Their 12 circuit fuse blocks are also amazing for wiring different things as well, such as your air compressors, inverters, different light bars, etc. Run 1 power wire through the fire wall to the fuse block, mount your relays and go! I wish the xterra had an easy "add a battery" kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Bluesea FTW. Their 12 circuit fuse blocks are also amazing for wiring different things as well, such as your air compressors, inverters, different light bars, etc. Run 1 power wire through the fire wall to the fuse block, mount your relays and go!
That's what I have going on.. Pelfrey has a great mount setup for the blue sea fuse block.

—————————

Hey Now!

dghcruising

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mission Viejo
Member #

I like the controller, I ended up upgrading the wiring based on the kits own recommendations wire size for winches. They also make a flush mount control, which I wish I would have bought , because it would have made for a cleaner installation. The wire connector on my controller seems alittle loose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I like the controller, I ended up upgrading the wiring based on the kits own recommendations wire size for winches. They also make a flush mount control, which I wish I would have bought , because it would have made for a cleaner installation. The wire connector on my controller seems alittle loose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app
I just Googled National Luna Flush Mount Control. I didn't know such a think existed. Now I don't know whether to get the standard to go for the gush mounted version

Reactions: dghcruising