AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
1 good battery, a jumpbox, and on board solar. Simplify your lives and always have a way to keep things topped off. For most people dual battery is gross overkill. It adds a lot of weight and expense. Yes, I know plenty disagree with me but I have seen more people remove their dual battery setups as go with what I suggest than install new dual battery systems. Unless you plan on using a winch a ton.

Reactions: Captain Chaos

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Check out Traxide kits also. They have a nice system for taking advantage of the starter battery capacity and then isolating it to protect it. Good quality, popular in the modern land rovers.

The solar kits are becoming a great option. I have been looking at some of the charge controllers and 100watt panels to use as a wind fairing in front of my roof cases.

Zheking

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

planet Earth
Member #

1 good battery, a jumpbox, and on board solar. Simplify your lives and always have a way to keep things topped off. For most people dual battery is gross overkill. It adds a lot of weight and expense. Yes, I know plenty disagree with me but I have seen more people remove their dual battery setups as go with what I suggest than install new dual battery systems. Unless you plan on using a winch a ton.
I"ll be doing it strictly for winter camping so I can plug an electric blanket in when sleeping in the back of the X. As well as other stuff that needs plugged in. I'd rather have 2.

Reactions: Captain Josh